Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

If the choice of a natural scorer is ollie miss a lot or Suarez  then a season of goals from Suarez which would take us to top 7 or 8 would help us kick on to attract better players - we cannot keep missing sitters and I’d take Suarez in on a year deal as he’d improve the team and lift the profile - besides that he’s a winner and that’s lacking badly at this club 

• Like 2

Honestly not convinced of this one. I get that he's still a phenomenal player and I fully agree he'd improve us. But does the improvement he'd make over the rest of the season/next season, justify taking game time off a younger player?

I'm not sure. He might get us a few places higher, but personally I'd rather give more experience in the league and a better understanding of the team to Watkins, than potentially get a europa league spot. Longer term I think there's more value in that.

18 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Honestly not convinced of this one. I get that he's still a phenomenal player and I fully agree he'd improve us. But does the improvement he'd make over the rest of the season/next season, justify taking game time off a younger player?

I'm not sure. He might get us a few places higher, but personally I'd rather give more experience in the league and a better understanding of the team to Watkins, than potentially get a europa league spot. Longer term I think there's more value in that.

Can you imagine the improvement I  training levels with winners like saurez. Phil. Digne and Ashley young (he has one as much as any of the others) in the group. I think that winning mentality is something any team that wants to succeed need and the loss of game time against increase in mental approach and professionalism might be worth it. It might not too, I don’t know but that’s what we pay Gerrard to work out 

Do people really believe he'd be scoring twenty goals or more next season?

He got twenty-one in Spain last season and this year he's on for twelve or thirteen - that's in a league where when you play for one of the larger teams you get a lot of chances, where it's easier to score goals than it is in the Premier league.

Surely people don't think that with another few miles on the clock he's going to come to one of the toughest leagues in the world and double his recent goal output?

If he comes here, makes appearances off the bench, maybe starts a few games and reaches ten goals for the season he'll have done very, very well. 

Five goals would be a decent return - this ain't 2018.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He got nineteen in Spain last season and this year he's on for twelve or thirteen - that's in a league where when you play for one of the larger teams you get a lot of chances, where it's easier to score goals than it is in the Premier league.

Surely people don't think that with another few miles on the clock he's going to come to one of the toughest leagues in the world and double his recent goal output?

If he comes here, makes appearances off the bench, maybe starts a few games and reaches ten goals for the season he'll have done very, very well. 

Yeah I'm finding it hard to get excited about this if there's any truth in it. If Gerrard manages to make it an absolute steal and we manage to get him crazy cheap then maybe. Other than that why bother? He can probably change a game or two off the bench but he's not going to lead the line for a full season and bang them in for fun.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Yeah I'm finding it hard to get excited about this if there's any truth in it. If Gerrard manages to make it an absolute steal and we manage to get him crazy cheap then maybe. Other than that why bother? He can probably change a game or two off the bench but he's not going to lead the line for a full season and bang them in for fun.

Feels like he’d do better than either Watkins or Ings so I’m keen on it.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

If luis Suarez comes for a year scores 25 and we get into Europe as a result then it’s a no brainier - he’s a goal scorer 

He hasn't scored 25 league goals in nearly 5 seasons playing in what is apparently a much weaker league 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

and since the Ivanovic incident?....you said "Serial"

and Mee has broken how many legs?

Yes, by simple dictionary definition, he is indeed a serial biter. 3 times constitutes the descriptive term, serial. Not sure where the disagreement lies?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He got twenty-one in Spain last season and this year he's on for twelve or thirteen - that's in a league where when you play for one of the larger teams you get a lot of chances, where it's easier to score goals than it is in the Premier league.

Hes always been far more than just his goals. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

But he cant really move anymore so now he is basically a poacher like Ronaldo

Never could move very quick anyway  but yes he wont be the player he was but he might teach Olie how to finish 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Never could move very quick anyway  but yes he wont be the player he was but he might teach Olie how to finish 

He was a very quick player 😂😂 not lightning but was very fast

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

The Birmingham Mail are reporting Sky Sports as having said "The club have now said they are not interested in the Atletico Madrid forward."

Weird report from Sky, there was no quotes or anything.  Close person with Suarez last night said it’s possible, Sky say today it’s not and they got it from the club but no quotes.  I’d like to know from Sky whether it was a “source” or a club response.

Edited by nick76