Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

yeeeaaaahhhhh.......I would never call anyone any of those things under any situation. but maybe thats just me 

I agree. Probably not the best examples. As I just followed up with it's more like the difference between calling someone a "black person" or a "black word removed". Black isn't a bad or offensive word, but the context changes everything.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I have 0 problem with the use of the word negro as a translation for black and any suggestion he was using the n-word if he was saying negro are ridiculous.

The thing is the word black isn't offensive, but context changes a lot. There is a world of difference between calling someone a "black person" and a "black word removed".

Didn't the footage also show Suarez used the word repeatedly? More than happy to learn today if you want to teach me how culturally shouting someone's skin colour at them is a thing.

He **** up, no denying that. He got punished for it. Hopefully he learnt from it.   Whilst there is no place whatsoever for any form of racism in life I actually think that moment of madness from him is no worse than Jack driving around like a complete lunatic endangering peoples lives.  

I just want to put it out there that Suarez and Jack are both words removed. Just in different ways. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s a petulant child. He bites people when they wind him up ffs. He ain’t even got the brains to know what he said to Evra was wrong. 

I remember when he had a child and and he carried it out in to the packed out ground when it was a few weeks old.   You just don’t do that. 

Great player, complete idiot. 

Juventus did everything last season to get him a Italian citizenship including cheating on the exam and he still got caught

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He **** up, no denying that. He got punished for it. Hopefully he learnt from it.   Whilst there is no place whatsoever for any form of racism in life I actually think that moment of madness from him is no worse than Jack driving around like a complete lunatic endangering peoples lives.  

I just want to put it out there that Suarez and Jack are both words removed. Just in different ways. 

See, I've got no problem with people believing time has passed and he deserves forgiveness. Plenty of far more despicable people have turned their lives around in admirable ways. I also have some understanding of Suarez childhood and how it may have impacted him as a character.

The problem is there literally are people denying it...including yourself up until a few pages ago!

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

See, I've got no problem with people believing time has passed and he deserves forgiveness. Plenty of far more despicable people have turned their lives around in admirable ways. I also have some understanding of Suarez childhood and how it may have impacted him as a character.

The problem is there literally are people denying it...including yourself up until a few pages ago!

Did I deny it ? I just said I don’t think he is racist. I just think he’s an idiot that is stupid to know he was even being racist. 

I’ve had a lot of experience of real racists in life. I just don’t think Suarez is one of them. 

Anyway all that aside, we ain’t signing him and it’s probably for the best.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway all that aside, we ain’t signing him and it’s probably for the best.

Given recent weeks, that statement might come back to bite you!

(Pun included)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Has to be said, if Gerrard gets what he wants here, it will hands down be the best Villa side ever compiled in many many fans lifetimes

spacer.png

First time I went to Villa Park was 70 years ago this year. I don’t remember much about that first game but do remember a lot since. I think this would be the best line-up in all that time. The 1980/82 line-up runs it close but overall I think this one best.

• Shocked 2

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They have another thing in common. Neither play for Villa.

30 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Barcelona dumped him for being too old, Atleti picked him up and he proved he could still score. Fine.

But now, Atleti want to get rid because he’s basically stopped scoring. One goal from his 13 last games (the goal came against a team in the spanish third tier btw), recently went 11 games without a goal. Villa want to be a top 6 club, but no top clubs in Europe are lining up to get Suarez.

Seems like a case of celebrity blindness. If Ings had the same output as Suarez had recently, fans would want to give him away for free.

Surely if you have the patience to write Barcelona instead of Barca you’d have written Atletico , instead of Atleti? 🤣 sorry this bothered me 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beastmix said:

Let's not forget we have a young squad and the older players we do have are only really famous (and only really to football fans) in the UK. Older, high profile, globally street-wise players around them will help no end.

With the Coutinho signing and with the Suarez deal mooted, we're clearly looking at worldwide near-household names (similar to what Man City did with their first signing of this worldwide notoriety - Robinho - which kick started everything for them). These deals kick start everything for us, gets the footballing world talking about Aston Villa, and then high profile players consider us a viable place to be. It's a solid strategy and if Gerrard uses his 'book of names' to do this, so be it.

I would rather it was done in this window though. The summer would solely make this a promotional thing.

Exactly my thoughts on it. I also dont want an ageing footballer like Suarez to be kicking his first ball for us in 8 months time, but I guess that's the option we have.