Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t think anyone would suggest we would never sign another young player for the future but the signing policy has clearly changed in the summer.

We previously had a policy where we only buy under 25s and look to improve them and ‘add value’ but we are now willing buy fully developed players with little resale value as part of the mix. 

purslow was interviewed pre-man utd and said that SG wants proven winners. the board have agreed to change the transfer policy based on the manager's requirements

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I love how much we have progressed…

Turning our noses up at players Atletico Madrid (the Spanish champions) want to keep hold of.

There is a point where any signing stops making sense though. Gerrard isn’t THAT much older than him but I’d be turning my nose up if he wanted a player manager contract.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I love how much we have progressed…

Turning our noses up at players Atletico Madrid (the Spanish champions) want to keep hold of.

To be honest I’m sure some of our fans would turn up their noses to Haaland if he was linked…you wouldn’t believe we were 13th in the league and haven’t played European football for a very long time

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Only seen reports that Suarez is interested in okaying for Gerrard but haven’t seen anywhere day that we are interested …

Aston Villa’s offer!

Luis Suarez has ruled out offers from Palmeiras, Corinthians and Atlético Mineiro -as well as one from Arabia- to focus on Aston Villa's offer from his former teammate Gerrard. Live at twitch.tv/gerard_romero #jijantesfc

• Thanks 1

I'd be happy with a coaching offer, but he's never struck me as the kind of player that would be interested in coaching.

I'm not sure I want Aston Villa to have to pay a load of money so that Las Vegas Villa can park an ageing player somewhere for a year because they don't exist yet.

55 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd be happy with a coaching offer, but he's never struck me as the kind of player that would be interested in coaching.

I'm not sure I want Aston Villa to have to pay a load of money so that Las Vegas Villa can park an ageing player somewhere for a year because they don't exist yet.

He doesn't strike me as a coach type of person, he seems like a hyperactive impulsive and quite frankly stupid little kid who has scored a lot of goals based on eargerness and running like a maniac and doing anything he can, against the rules or not, to score a goal. Not sure what he would bring as a coach or if I'd like our players our youth players to learn from him. Or rather, I know I don't want our youth players to learn from him. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm quite happy for us to buy an ageing player and then sell him to Las Vegas Villa for a tidy / obscene profit next year....  probably some rule against that somewhere (booooooooo)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

There is a point where any signing stops making sense though. Gerrard isn’t THAT much older than him but I’d be turning my nose up if he wanted a player manager contract.

Suarez is 34

Gerrard is 41

I hate both of them for being younger than me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do people really believe he'd be scoring twenty goals or more next season?

He got twenty-one in Spain last season and this year he's on for twelve or thirteen - that's in a league where when you play for one of the larger teams you get a lot of chances, where it's easier to score goals than it is in the Premier league.

Surely people don't think that with another few miles on the clock he's going to come to one of the toughest leagues in the world and double his recent goal output?

If he comes here, makes appearances off the bench, maybe starts a few games and reaches ten goals for the season he'll have done very, very well. 

Five goals would be a decent return - this ain't 2018.

I don't know where he's at physically, but assuming he hasn't fallen off a cliff do I think he would score more goals than Ollie Watkins next season? Yes, absolutely. Whether that is 20 or not depends on the kind of service provided.  

What he wouldn't do is all the other stuff Ollie Watkins does, and he would most likely be one and done. But I don't doubt Luis Suarez's ability in front of goal. I find it truly bizarre that is even in question, he's one of the top 5 strikers of the past decade. Probably the best in the world at one stage. 

It's like you're asking me if I would have Thierry Henry or Alan Shearer at 34. I'd have questions, but you've definitely peaked my interest.