Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Welcome Robin!

Shame about the smile - but dapper Lange is all business

That is hilarious. Lange genuinely looks like "Oh my god, what have we done?" 

4 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Gives us 3 senior keepers for a start. Also allows the youngsters to maybe go on loan

Hypothetically, IF something were to happen to Emi (covid, injury, travel issues again...) would you want Steer in goal for 2 or 3 games?

Exactly.

4 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would say it is just a cheap insurance policy. We may never see him play but it is safer to have him than not

All good points, but what do Brian and Lois think about this? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, brommy said:

Hopefully he won't be needed between now and May but even though injuries and suspensions are fairly rare for 'keepers, I think Gerrard is mindful of an additional risk - COVID infection for Martinez. SG obviously wanted Olsen as a more experienced  back up than Steer.

Martinez also has 2 potential international breaks scheduled until the end of the season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Why though ? 

We all love Jed and all that, but Jed Steer has played more League 1 games than Championship games,  which suggests as No1 that’s his level, we need 3 senior keepers on the books so we can loan the younger keepers out, Olssen also is a similar build to Martinez , Olssen might help Emi’s game doesn’t matter if he’s a poorer keeper,  Remember  Ben Foster saying he watched  a lot of Neil Cutler’s game when training and took parts of it to his given the similarities in frame and size, little marginal is things sometimes help. Olssen might never play for us but might prove valuable behind the scenes and is a better backup than Steer.

This gives us a third senior keeper at the club which is good, Jed and our new signing can now do battle for a place on the bench. It doesn't necessarily spell the end for Jed, they both will need to work to get/keep the number two role, from now on.

Â