Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, useless said:

We will have to see what the exact permutations of signing Olsen would be, could be that he would be second choice with Marschall as third choice allowing both Sinisalo and Steer to go out on loan.

It has to be something like that. Unless Steer is happy with his lot here, I get the feeling he'd be angling for some game time somewhere.

fair enough if he is here to compete with Steer as main backup, so we can send our youth keepers on loan.

The main "best bits" vid look ok, below is a match this season for Sheff Utd vs Preston, was Olsen's debut for them, i have timestamped a Preston goal for your perusal......i have missed Nyland, looks like we have Nyland mk.2 :P

• Like 1

This appears to be an incredibly shit signing. 

edit: for colour, all the Shef Utd fans seem to suggest he’s on par with their personal fan fav, Orjam Nyland. I’d rather go for the ‘sort of shit but somewhat reliable’ approach for backup, like the days of Stuart Taylor, rather than a proven psychopath 

Edited by Spoony

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Haven’t we still got Kalinic on the books? Is he better than him?

On loan in Croatia isn't he? Probably still got another two years on his deal.

Olsen played well for Sweden in the past but not that impressed with his club form, was poor at ERoma and looked dodgy in his few games for Everton.

Personally I'd just keep Steer as number two until the summer as then you'll have better range of targets to go after. 

• Like 1

I'll post the same here as in the transfer thread, imo he is solid keeper, but I have slight concerns over how he will cope with the physicality in the PL, he didn't fully convince in the few games he played for Everton. Having said that he is still a good keeper who has performed well for both Roma and Sweden, in some games he has been excellent. He is better than Steer imo and much much more reliable than Nyland.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

On loan in Croatia isn't he? Probably still got another two years on his deal.

Olsen played well for Sweden in the past but not that impressed with his club form, was poor at ERoma and looked dodgy in his few games for Everton.

Personally I'd just keep Steer as number two until the summer as then you'll have better range of targets to go after. 

He had one or two not so good games under the new manager and then didn't get much of a chance. Before that he was the no 1 and not bad at all. Not saying he is a super keeper and I'm kind of indifferent to the thought of bringing him to Villa, would of course always prefer someone better, but I dont fully agree with the poor tag at Roma.

• Like 1

Â