Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This guy gets it

I’m surprised more don’t get it. Also shocked that they think Emi isn’t saving that second one.  Keeper has so much time to adjust his position to what Gallagher is about to do. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has played 14 games for us and conceded 24

He is a poorer keeper but he has also played against better teams than the average

He has played City twice, Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool, United in his limited games

He concedes a goal every 40 minutes, that's his stats since playing for Villa.

That's over 2 goals per game.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder how Gauci is getting on in training.  Perhaps a chance we could end up keeping Olsen and sending Gauci on loan?

Gauci hasn't made the last two squads. Is he injured? Maybe he's not ready and the boss trusts Olsen over him.

Emi 100% saves the first one. He also has the defence playing 10 yards further up the pitch. Chelsea didn’t create much first half except for pot shots. This Chelsea team like to play close to the 18 yard box. 

So our defensive line dropping 10 yards helped them. Olsen seems to be stuck to his line. So him charging out for Carlos’ eff up most likely caused confusion in Diego and he probably thought wtf is happening here. 

Edited by Sulberto21

56 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

The team concedes a goal every 40 minutes, that's the stats when he is playing for Villa.

FIFY

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

He's not at fault, but the aura of the team when Emi isnt in goal is completely different. Panic and nerves set in immediately 

To be fair it’s the equivalent of Messi going off injured for you.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Gauci hasn't made the last two squads. Is he injured? Maybe he's not ready and the boss trusts Olsen over him.

He’s certainly not injured, as watched him closely in the warm up yesterday. Obviously only watching pre match warm up exercises but he’s a big guy and looked very agile.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Exactly. You don’t blame whoever comes on for him the same way you don’t blame Olsen. You know just know the guy he replaced would have down better. 

53 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Messi would say it's  the equivalent of Emi Martinez going off injured for you. And he would be uncannily accurate. 

Under some pressure Carlos panics and does what never should be done: clears the ball right into middle with his eyes closed.

Worse than amateurish.

17 hours ago, brummybloke said:

He concedes a goal every 40 minutes, that's his stats since playing for Villa.

The stats are not accurate as it doesn’t show the fact that he started twice at Etihad (which he conceded 7 goals in two games), those are in a small proportion of games. 
Don’t get me wrong, I’m worried about him starting for 3 things:

1-Distribution

2-Players low confidence of him

3-Not being able to play as a 5th defender (which most keepers don’t)

In terms of stopping shots he’s fine generally. Add to that, we’re currently short in players which will not help controlling games either.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The stats are not accurate as it doesn’t show the fact that he started twice at Etihad (which he conceded 7 goals in two games), those are in a small proportion of games. 
Don’t get me wrong, I’m worried about him starting for 3 things:

1-Distribution

2-Players low confidence of him

3-Not being able to play as a 5th defender (which most keepers don’t)

In terms of stopping shots he’s fine generally. Add to that, we’re currently short in players which will not help controlling games either.

I agree he's a decent keeper but just not for how we play. We are so close to getting over the line I just don't see a reason to stick with the logic that the players have to adapt and learn. If he was a young keeper, middle of the season sure but he's probably gone in the summer and we just need to make sure we don't do something stupid.

We hardly have any players left, stick Duran up top with Watkins and let Olsen kick it long if he has to as Duran wins his fair share of headers anyway. He was only on the pitch for half a game and played a very risky pass to McGinn that almost cost us and then caused Carlos to make that panic clearance. 

Yes he's no Emi but it's very harsh to put any blame on him for either goal. Luiz to blame for the first goal and we shouid never given Gallagher the time and space to shoot in the first place. Then he makes a great save to Palmer. I think he deserves credit. 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes he's no Emi but it's very harsh to put any blame on him for either goal. Luiz to blame for the first goal and we shouid never given Gallagher the time and space to shoot in the first place. Then he makes a great save to Palmer. I think he deserves credit. 

He made a couple of good passes too as I remember. 

Â