Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds like a sensible signing. It’s rare to have a top goalie as a number 2 but you could do a lot worse than than the Swedish number 1.

Plus the poor lad has been the last port of call between the sticks when the likes of John Egan and George Baldock mess up. Hopefully if Olsen ever had an opportunity he would do better than for them with a total upgrade of defence in front of him as he gets here. I don't see anything wrong with this signing at all, it doesn't register on my Simon Dawkins-o-meter. 

As a Swede I have seen quite a lot of him both at  club level and for country. I’m sure he will do good as our number two. He has over 50 caps for Sweden and has the record for clean sheets in a season (19) in the danish league.

And as other posters have pointed out, Lange knows him from his FC Copenhagen days.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep basically. If you google goalkeeper  xga i think thats where you find a list 

Utterly meaningless statistic. We have had a few screamers scored past us this season, or 'unexpected goals' if you like. Whether Martinez could have got anywhere near them or not it doesn't matter, they count against him as far as xga is concerned. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Had a few messages from Roma fans wishing us good luck with this, as they think he's shit.

They obviously haven't seen jed steer play then! Olsen is definitely an upgrade on him, which is the whole point in signing another backup keeper in the first place. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

They obviously haven't seen jed steer play then! Olsen is definitely an upgrade on him, which is the whole point in signing another backup keeper in the first place. 

He wasn't great at Roma by any stretch of the imagination, for a while they were watching Alisson in goal so you know might have set the bar a bit high. Steer is another one who did us more than proud when he's needed to in the past but the thought of Martinez being out for a run of games and Steer in goal for a month or so would be a bit sketchy if we're aiming high in the prem. Olsen as backup might work out better for us but he's not held in high regard round here.

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

To be fair the attitude from Emi was disgusting. Guilt ridden look on his face after the goal, didn’t man up and apologise to the defence individually. Surprised he stayed on at half time, Gerrard was clearly going to sub him if he’d had Olsen on the bench.

Great quick movement from the club to get that stroppy miserable word removed out the first team so he can buck his ideas up.

Image result for squinting eyes gif

• Haha 2

Â