Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

i think this has largely been driven by steer. i think he's said that he wants to go and we've just bought in someone to plug the gap whilst we find someone who we can develop into emi's replacement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

With the caveat that I think this is a perfectly fine signing given that he'll only be back-up and comes with decent pedigree, I've only watched the first 3 minutes of this video and it's hilariously put together. "Best saves show" despite the majority of shots trickling into his path, some of which he actually palms back into dangerous areas only for the clip to end presumably before the ball is put into the net.

What a horrible video 🤣 I thought he was decent for Everton last season though.

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s bit over kill, but we can’t leave Robin out from the traditional welcome to villa gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886pztbzvsv7jf0bixv23

I was wondering where the hell that video was going then 

It feels like this signing will be a really hard quiz question in 10 years time.

"Who was the 32 year old Swedish Goalkeeper who signed on loan from Roma in January 2022 but didn't make a single appearance?"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s bit over kill, but we can’t leave Robin out from the traditional welcome to villa gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886pztbzvsv7jf0bixv23

Just gonna rubber stamp this one with the traditional welcome to Villa jpeg

lange.thumb.jpg.3fda4d79f13f62a9e27acc7fe50c61d4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

It feels like this signing will be a really hard quiz question in 10 years time.

"Who was the 32 year old Swedish Goalkeeper who signed on loan from Roma in January 2022 but didn't make a single appearance?"

Why would you jinx our Emi like this.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

Hopefully he won't be needed between now and May but even though injuries and suspensions are fairly rare for 'keepers, I think Gerrard is mindful of an additional risk - COVID infection for Martinez. SG obviously wanted Olsen as a more experienced  back up than Steer.

11 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Very strange, Jed had ""I'm so sad 😢""" commented on the official IG post , was up only a min and taken straight down

Hmm. Maybe Gerrard has decided he just isnt good enough as our back up keeper. Jed has been a great servant to us but sentimentality is a thing of the past me thinks

1 hour ago, bcarpet said:

You hope!

Â