Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Thought his "dive" for the second was pretty poor tbh. There was barely any sideways movement in it towards what was a pretty saveable shot from what I saw. 

As for the assaults, Well that's a disgrace and I hope they get punished severely.( which we all know they won't of course)

32 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Just read back some comments about his performance, I was quite surprised (but I guess I shouldn’t be by now) how remarkably different they were to mine.

I thought Olsen did really well for a back up keeper making his debut… he wasn’t exactly ropey, he claimed the ball well and looked fairly composed. 

agreed, after a nervous start he settled in well

• Like 1

In retrospect Olsen was OK, I also thought he was slow getting down for the second.

The assault on him is disgusting, people need to be banned and clubs need to be made an example of in this situation.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In retrospect Olsen was OK, I also thought he was slow getting down for the second.

The assault on him is disgusting, people need to be banned and clubs need to be made an example of in this situation.

You know we’ll have one person go onto the pitch to retrieve his winning lottery ticket, that blew away in a freak gust and they’ll deduct us 50 points and close Villa Park  for 5 years. They’ll fine Man City £1.47 and tell them it’s their last warning after that the fine goes up to a fiver. 

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He was understandably rusty but I was still disappointed about one or two of the goals. I think the club’s intention has been to make him permanent, but unless it’s already decided Gerrard & co may have second thoughts. 

The difficulty with back up GKs is it’s hard to get a decent one when they know they won’t get many games. Especially when the no.1 is someone like Emi, who is on a long contract and is almost irreplaceable. A good goalie at the end of his career can sometimes be a good option. How long is left on Shay Given’s contract?

I think Olsen is a very good back up to Emi. A ropey first 20 minutes as you might expect but was decent for the rest of the game imo ....not a bad debut at all! 

No need to purchase anpther keeper imp

I thought he caught the ball very well and handled some difficult crosses with ease. That first 20 minutes though lol. I think when he took that one in the face he improved. 

We need longer cup runs and Europe so players like Olsen (if he’s made permanent) can get plenty of game time and stay sharp.

Edited by Sulberto21

Breaking news. The FA and Premier League have charged Robin Olsen with assaulting multiple Manchester City fans’ hands with his head. Aston Villa have been charged with failing to control their goalkeeper. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Plastic club, plastic fans, plastic ground, plastic manager. All made from oil. 

It’s not just city though is it? Nothing to do with the oil money or the plastic fans. Unfortunately it’s a growing trend across football, just some morons who think they are hard 

Guardiola’s dismissive and arrogant answer, when asked about the assault on Olsen, should at the very least result in a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Whilst everyone else in the game sees this as a major problem that needs addressing before something more serious or even tragic happens,  he swatted the reporter away like a fly. When are the authorities going to crack down on this out of control club that buy everything and respect nothing. (I know the answer).  Scum doesn’t even start to describe them. His false tears at the end were pathetic.

Act two of “how to buy a world sport” is just gearing up in the north east. Where even more blood and oil soaked money is about to arrive in even larger quantities. If football is dead, prepare to see it stamped into the dust and p!ssed all over. 

He did OK.  Could have done better for the first goal and definitely the second. Needs some coaching in not bouncing about so much  when the shot comes and you're in the air you gave to land then move.

Edited by lammy123

Â