Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Did well when he came in to stay it was his first ever start away at Man City who were frothing at the mouth to win the league. I'd much rather have the Swedish international keeper as backup than Mark f****** Bunn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Swedish papers claiming he will get £50k/w. That sounds very, very generous for a back up keeper.

It’s where the league is now. Heaton is on more than that as third choice at United and that’s who this was ultimately replacing.

Will be up against Haaland tonight behind a Swedish back 4 made up by whatever Andersson is limping to the barn with. Even the defenders that are playing are carrying injuries so it's a bit of a mess.

Should be fun 

Safe to say that he is the best Scandinavian keeper that we have had, not that that says much 😄

I would have preferred a Heaton type of no 2, but Robin Olsen is a decent option, probably a good deal too, we probably haven't payed much for him and his wages will be moderate, he also seems happy to sit on the bench.

My verdict of him would be that he is a quite good shot stopper, and when his confidence is high can be a rather good keeper all around, his distribution and his feet is what holds him back from being on the highest level. Clearly better and a level above Steer, Bunn, Nyland, Kalinic & co.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Safe to say that he is the best Scandinavian keeper that we have had, not that that says much 😄

I would have preferred a Heaton type of no 2, but Robin Olsen is a decent option, probably a good deal too, we probably haven't payed much for him and his wages will be moderate, he also seems happy to sit on the bench.

My verdict of him would be that he is a quite good shot stopper, and when his confidence is high can be a rather good keeper all around, his distribution and his feet is what holds him back from being on the highest level. Clearly better and a level above Steer, Bunn, Nyland, Kalinic & co.

Schmeichel certainly had a better career although he was getting on a fair bit when he played here.

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Schmeichel certainly had a better career although he was getting on a fair bit when he played here.

Scored though. A lot for Olsen to live up too now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/06/2022 at 11:37, Woody1000 said:

What would be the wrong way to take that?

I imagine thinking that it means he's shit.

Rather than thinking that it means he's quite good, but no where near as good as our first choice.

I too hope we only get to see him in the cups, but I'm happy we've got him as a backup rather than any of the previous 4 or 5 we've had.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

This guy deserves a bump. He was excellent today. If Emi gets injured we have a great deputy to come in and fill the role. Great to see.

I agree. Excellent performance. 

• Like 2

Â