Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What is FR?

That journalist, Fabrizio Romaro (sp?)

Yeah you're right mostly the big clubs have an older backup, but that phrase I quoted and mistakenly sent of yours is an ideal situation for me. Difficult one probably to achieve but having a young talented keeper not satisfied with the bench puts pressure on your number 1 as well to stay sharp...

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Solid signing for us but a bit worrying for Sweden that our first choice national keeper has resigned himself to being a bit part reserve keeper for the rest of his career.

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Decent backup. Swedish international GK for roughly £3m is another bit of solid business.

Takes our summer spending to around £45m I think.

And if you spread the cost over the 4 bought it’s just 11m per player which is extraordinary.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Decent backup. Swedish international GK for roughly £3m is another bit of solid business.

Takes our summer spending to around £45m I think.

It’s smart business!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 13:07, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He seems fine as a backup. Was obviously rusty vs City, but settled in and commanded his area particularly well. 

Our goalkeeping coach is much vaunted by our fans and presumably he sees something he can work with in him, so why wouldn't we trust Cutler's opinion? 

If Martinez went down long term you'd want to find somebody better, but it's such a fine line to walk. 

That's my new word learnt for today.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 15:26, romavillan said:

Hmmm, one of his big weaknesses IMO, look at the cross for City's first he should get to that. He really didn't do so well with Roma, I'd hope we could do better with a younger up and coming keeper....

It’s a volume thing though isn’t it. If a striker finishes 12 chances in a row, then misses a one on one, does that make him bad at finishing? 

Â