Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The stats are not accurate as it doesn’t show the fact that he started twice at Etihad (which he conceded 7 goals in two games), those are in a small proportion of games. 
Don’t get me wrong, I’m worried about him starting for 3 things:

1-Distribution

2-Players low confidence of him

3-Not being able to play as a 5th defender (which most keepers don’t)

In terms of stopping shots he’s fine generally. Add to that, we’re currently short in players which will not help controlling games either.

The stats are accurate.

If Emi is also out in the return match, I hope Joe Gauci sits on the bench. Should it end in a penalty shootout, we can swap him in for Olsen.

Olsen has only saved 3 out of 33 penalties. Saves 0,5 out of 5. ( on par with De Gea)

Joe has saved 5 out of 13. Saves more than 1 out of 5

Emi has 7 out of 36. Save 1 out of 5. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa82 said:

If Emi is also out in the return match, I hope Joe Gauci sits on the bench. Should it end in a penalty shootout, we can swap him in for Olsen.

Olsen has only saved 3 out of 33 penalties. Saves 0,5 out of 5. ( on par with De Gea)

Joe has saved 5 out of 13. Saves more than 1 out of 5

Emi has 7 out of 36. Save 1 out of 5. 

Yet another stick to whip Olsen.

The biggest problem with Olsen starting is one that isnt even his fault.

Its that Emi psychologically makes it more difficult for opponents given his reputation.

I honestly think Lille had lost that shootout before it started. Thanks to Emi being stood between the posts.

Let's hope Emi is back soon and Olsen can hold the fort in the meantime.

I see him drifting aimlessly across the goal with both arms out as Gallagher scores, like something out of FIFA95.  Isn’t it the case that a GK can reach further by using one arm?

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I see him drifting aimlessly across the goal with both arms out as Gallagher scores, like something out of FIFA95.  Isn’t it the case that a GK can reach further by using one arm?

That's harsh. Gallagher put that right in the top corner. It would have taken a wonder save to stop it....

As big a loss as Martinez feels, as long as we get through to the final he's back for that, I can live without him in our last 3 games. Spurs will probably go out there way to make 4th spot easy to hold onto and we've won games with Olsen in the sticks before. He's not a bad keeper he's just a dropoff from Martinez. 

When he made that save from Palmer when one-on-one I did think, this guy would be lauded as a huge upgrade back when we were choosing between Nyland and Reina and others. He's unlucky in that he plays understudy to an incredible player, person and presence. 

• Like 1

I would be tempted to go with Gauci, that’s how nervous Olsen makes everyone.  Sorry, it’s the truth, the players, and crowd twitch everytime the ball goes anywhere near him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s  get behind him . No doubt he’ll make some dodgy decisions tomorrow but he’ll also pull off some good saves. Let’s hope he’s not needed too much . Just don’t expect him to play it out from the back with the confidence Emi has. 

• Like 2

How did we end up with the best and worst keepers I've seen at Villa in my time suporting them, at the same time?

Conceded 4 goals from 6 shots. He’s just not very good. The opposition have pretty much scored twice before kick off whenever he’s named in the team. 

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

He's absolute garbage. 

All you have to do is shoot, get it on target and it's in. 

Useless sack of shit. 

Unless your Cole Palmer

Â