Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Did OK, extremely difficult situation although exactly the situation he is employed for. We have less confidence passing it around the back when Emi isn't playing and Olsen can't save shots on the ground. It is known. Other than that it was fine.

Nice that he got some minutes ahead of Olympiacos I guess.

I can just feel the entire defence being nervous whenever he plays.

Even as a fan I get panic attacks watching him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a big drop off to the way we want to play, not his fault he's a decent keeper just not for the style we want. 

Caused absolute panic at the end by not staying his box and letting Carlos head it back, ran into the middle of nowhere and luckily pulled off a big save to spare the error.

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

I can just feel the entire defence being nervous whenever he plays.

Even as a fan I get panic attacks watching him.

The nerves were already there. We struggle against a high press team. 

• Like 1

I think he was at fault for the chance leading to the great save. Carlos would have headed back to him, but Olsen had come for the ball out of his box so Carlos had to try to clear it awkwardly.

Just now, YLN said:

I think he was at fault for the chance leading to the great save. Carlos would have headed back to him, but Olsen had come for the ball out of his box so Carlos had to try to clear it awkwardly.

And he should have came for the high cross on the foul. He's all over the place.

nearly cost us the game at the end (Carlos didn’t help either)

No confidence in him and you can tell the defenders feel the same 

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

100% correct

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

Diego took the decision without sighting the keeper 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

nearly cost us the game at the end (Carlos didn’t help either)

No confidence in him and you can tell the defenders feel the same 

He forced Carlos into an awful situation.  Hopefully he worked out the kinks so he's ready Thursday. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Nah. Diego is ready to head it, then sees Olsen racing out of his box. He can’t head it then so has to change and make a poor clearance. 

Olsen IMMEDIATELY apologises to Carlos after he makes the save from Palmer. Speaks volumes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The ball was head height. 99 out of 100 times that's headed back to the keeper and he can easily pick it up. Olsen was grossly out of position which forced Carlos to try that comical clearance attempt. Just terrible defending by all involved. 

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The ball was head height. 99 out of 100 times that's headed back to the keeper and he can easily pick it up. Olsen was grossly out of position which forced Carlos to try that comical clearance attempt. Just terrible defending by all involved. 

Watch it back. Olsen stops running because Diego indicates he going to take control and well doesn't. He could have still headed it to him.

Â