Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Olsen was great. Shame he couldn't save the second Olympiakos goal like he did that Gross chance right on half time but his general cameos are a long way from being our big problems currently.

Good attempt on the penalty aswell considering Joao Pedro had never missed one before. Deserved a clean sheet.

• Like 1

Excellent today. Brave, commanding and assured. I'm not so concerned after that performance because it showed me that he is capable of producing the goods when it matters. 

Gutted about the penalty. That save deserved better.

• Like 1

Credit where it's due, he absolutely brought it today.

He has these sort of games in him but it's the not knowing what you're going to get from one game to the next that's the problem.

Shame his performance wasn't rewarded with a point.

21 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Well bloody played today Robin. I usually criticize him, but that performance was immense. Credit where it's due.

Especially given the amount of abuse he has received during his time at the club. He doesn't have all the attributes needed to play in Emery's system, but it is a reminder that he is still a decent shotstopper. 

• Like 1

He was great. I've been critical of him, but that was a performance to hang your hat on. If Emi is still injured, I'm a lot less anxious now if Robin keeps performing like that.

• Like 1

Was terrified when I saw his name on the team sheet, predicted us throwing a winnable game away thanks to him.

Turns out he was the only one who cared, and nearly got us an undeserved point. Fair play to him. Regardless of his skills, clearly has a lot of character.

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

Came off his line like emi, doesn't usually do that.

He doesn't usually do that. How many times have you seen him play? All goalies come off their line, it's just knowing when is the right time. The more games he plays, the more he will acclamatise to our structure. The most important thing is, the players, defenders mostly, give him that sense of confidence. 

It certainly helped that Brighton didn't press him that much compared to other teams, that's always been his weakness IMO - be chased down. Fair play though, was unlucky to not at least come away with a draw.

Posted (edited)

Ortega's performance tonight highlighting why this "who could we get as a number 2?" bleating is a nonsense. Comes in for the fourth time this season, makes some blinding saves and City's style of play remains unchanged. 29 year old from Bielefeld when he joined them. 

Well done for Olsen in his last start, let's say goodbye amicably at the end of the season and get someone dependable in as deputy.

Edited by Powehi

1 minute ago, Powehi said:

Ortega's performance tonight highlighting why this "who could we get as a number 2?" bleating is a nonsense. Comes in, fourth game this season, makes some blinding saves and City's style of play remains unchanged. 29 year old from Bielefeld when he joined them. 

Well done for Olsen in his last start, let's say goodbye amicably at the end of the season and get someone dependable in as deputy.

Mate forget about it for now, we’ve just qualified for the CL. Let’s celebrate that for a bit shall we? 

8 minutes ago, Callum said:

Mate forget about it for now, we’ve just qualified for the CL. Let’s celebrate that for a bit shall we? 

I don't think a reflection based on the game we've all been watching is too unfair. It's not like I started talking about Philogene coming back or anything. I'm piling into that thread soon as well thanks.

1 hour ago, Powehi said:

Ortega's performance tonight highlighting why this "who could we get as a number 2?" bleating is a nonsense. Comes in for the fourth time this season, makes some blinding saves and City's style of play remains unchanged. 29 year old from Bielefeld when he joined them. 

Ortega was one of the highest rated sweeper keepers in Bundesliga when he left Bielefeld and he is on a big contract for a Number 2 keeper 

• Like 1

Â