Lucas Digne

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

You clearly didn't see Charlie Aitken play then?

Or Stan "The Wham" Lynn.

Also George Cummings was the ony player to stop Stanley Matthews consistently.

Lucas is in good company......classy player.......will look even better when the midfield is strengthened as will Matty.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Or Stan "The Wham" Lynn.

Lucas is in good company......classy player.......will look even better when the midfield is strengthened as will Matty.

Stan the Lynn....is my memory giving up on me as I thought he was a RB?

He was fantastic though!

1 hour ago, Villa 59 said:

You clearly didn't see Charlie Aitken play then?

Club legend of course but a big old chunk of his Villa career in the Second and Third Division - before my time but my old man didn’t love him as much as I would expect of someone who spent 17 years at the club. 

In terms of Digne - class. The only player in our team today who would get in the opposition side (as long as Cancelo played on the right at least…)

Sometimes I have to remind myself that we have Lucas **** Digne playing for us. Short of signing Robertson, he's the best LB we could have signed. Possibly Gerrard's most important signing for his system, with Kamara likely a close second.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This isn’t football related but on his Instagram he clearly adores his family and spends so much time with his kids… it’s just lovely to see a young dad loving life.

He also either really loves visiting London or lives there. 

On 22/05/2022 at 15:01, TRO said:

Or Stan "The Wham" Lynn.

Truly yours, your biggest fan, this is Wham.

JITTERBUG

My teas gone cold I’m wondering why I got out of bed at all

JITTERBUG

• Haha 2

Think he will really suit the style of play and really kick on under the pressing style critchley wants to bring in. i remember against Man U at home back in January on his debut and it was really noticeable how much space he was finding up and down his side and thought he played very well that day. still quite underrated here imo but will deffo become a key part over the next few seasons

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you remember the backlash when we signed this player and let Targett leave. Good times.

That wasn't the issue but believe it if you want 😉

The issue was giving away a capable left back for practically nothing and assisting a rival who then finished above us. Left back is now returning to us and we got no benefit from the deal. Especially when Digne was missing a few games

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That wasn't the issue but believe it if you want 😉

The issue was giving away a capable left back for practically nothing and assisting a rival who then finished above us. Left back is now returning to us and we got no benefit from the deal. Especially when Digne was missing a few games

There were many that felt Digne was no better.

Also as I said at the time Targett has been a good professional at the club and had a great opportunity to play first team football and improve his chances of a move in the summer. He was surplus to requirement at Villa.  

I personally think it would have been a quite shitty to block his move when we also had Young. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â