Yves Bissouma

Corleone

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Down to 1 year left on his contract now.

True. A club like Brighton can't afford to let a 30m player leave for nothing so will have to sell this summer. Rumour has it  Newcastle is interested as well. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just a few comments from a Brighton forum:

He’ll massively improve a Villa or Newcastle central midfield, he has it all. Imho just as good as £125m Rice, but the latter’s a few years younger.

Pace, mobility, relentlessly eliminating danger, justified arrogance.

I hope he goes to a 2022/23 CL club instead

——

Villa or Newcastle would feel like a waste of his talent. I can't blame the bloke for going to somebody who will triple his wages as I imagine either of those money-blinded clubs would, but it would be a shame to see him stuck in an ordinary side like Villa and Newcastle basically are. I want to see how he gets on in a really top team.

——

Their owners are billionaires, who have already demonstrated with their comedy post-promotion signings that they are willing to throw a lot of money after particularly old rope.

They very much like statement signings, to keep the fans happy, whether the numbers make sense or not.

——

Rice is outstanding but I can’t agree that Bissouma is nowhere near him?

But anyway, they’re different players. Rice is much more of an all round midfielder involved far more in West Ham’s attacking play than Biss is for us. I was talking about playing the defensive midfield role, just retrieving the ball and recycling it. I haven’t seen anyone close to Biss for that since Kante’s peak.

——

Unbelievable! There is no one, and I include Kante nowadays, who does that job as well as Bissouma in European football.

Not going to insult Brighton because I believe it's a well-run club that performs past its means, and should be applauded for it, but for Brighton fans to believe Newcastle or Villa aren't a step up just because they've just now managed to finish in the top half of the Premier League for the first time in their history is laughable. They've been a League One club for the majority of their existence.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’ll massively improve a Villa or Newcastle central midfield, he has it all. Imho just as good as £125m Rice, but the latter’s a few years younger.

——

Villa or Newcastle would feel like a waste of his talent. I can't blame the bloke for going to somebody who will triple his wages as I imagine either of those money-blinded clubs would, but it would be a shame to see him stuck in an ordinary side like Villa and Newcastle basically are. I want to see how he gets on in a really top team.

——

Their owners are billionaires, who have already demonstrated with their comedy post-promotion signings that they are willing to throw a lot of money after particularly old rope.

They very much like statement signings, to keep the fans happy, whether the numbers make sense or not.

——

But anyway, they’re different players. Rice is much more of an all round midfielder involved far more in West Ham’s attacking play than Biss is for us. I was talking about playing the defensive midfield role, just retrieving the ball and recycling it. I haven’t seen anyone close to Biss for that since Kante’s peak.

——

Unbelievable! There is no one, and I include Kante nowadays, who does that job as well as Bissouma in European football.

They're so jealous. It's not like they haven't spent a fair wedge since promotion themselves. 

15 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Not going to insult Brighton because I believe it's a well-run club that performs past its means, and should be applauded for it, but for Brighton fans to believe Newcastle or Villa aren't a step up just because they've just now managed to finish in the top half of the Premier League for the first time in their history is laughable. They've been a League One club for the majority of their existence.

Mate, they are fans of THEIR club, it's to be expected.

I can imagine fans of other " bigger clubs " come on here and have a giggle at us every now and then as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, they are fans of THEIR club, it's to be expected.

I can imagine fans of other " bigger clubs " come on here and have a giggle at us every now and then as well.

Grealish future Ballon d’Or winner ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Out of the two, I’d have said Kamara is far more unlikely to sign and we got that done.

If we’re in for him, there is a strong chance we’ll get him. 

Or maybe Kamara has come in on the promise of maximum game time and we are not in for him 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

——

——

——

——

I wouldn't trust the opinion of any of these Brighton fans. They think Bissouma's a defensive midfielder, when he's clearly not! Or at least that's what I read earlier on in this thread... 

Â