Yves Bissouma

Corleone

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Most likely is still those two play on either side of Kamara. But I would like a new CM too.

I still think we’ll be in the market for a CM. Someone to go straight into first team, which means McGinn/Ramsey fighting for last midfield spot. Unless Ramsey is used as rotation in one of the 10s.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tyklip said:

Not meant to single you out because I have seen versions of this across several threads, but in what world will John McGinn not be starting week in and week out? 

Any world where we want to finish higher than 11th?  And if McGinn does start most games then he certainly shouldn't be allowed to finish them - he always looks dead on his feet after 60 mins.  That said - two new starting midfielders might just allow breath new life into him and we'll see the best of John McGinn on a more frequent basis. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

Emi

Cash   Chambers    Mings     Digne

Kamara      Bissouma

Buendia         Coutinho        Ramsay

Ings / ?????

That would be a lot better than this year.....get it done Villa

No new CB? I’d guess at least one of those is at the top of SGs list.

One of our biggest problems this season has been having to play the same midfield week in week out because SG obviously doubts the quality of the fringe players

As was just pointed out 5 subs next season changes the whole picture. We just have to have First team standard players on the bench. Man City completely changed

the game when their subs came on. Villas changes had the reverse effect. Bissouma would be a brilliant addition and we should not stop there. We need top quality

Centre halves and Left Back options plus a goal scorer. Only then could we really have a chance of European footbalL  UTV

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

One of our biggest problems this season has been having to play the same midfield week in week out because SG obviously doubts the quality of the fringe players

As was just pointed out 5 subs next season changes the whole picture. We just have to have First team standard players on the bench. Man City completely changed

the game when their subs came on. Villas changes had the reverse effect. Bissouma would be a brilliant addition and we should not stop there. We need top quality

Centre halves and Left Back options plus a goal scorer. Only then could we really have a chance of European footbalL  UTV

McGinn would probably be quite effective coming off the bench for 30 mins.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, tyklip said:

@ender4 @7392craig @DaveAV1

So I think there are two dimensions here. There is the reality (IMO) one: McGinn is going to be in the first 11 next year for most games. It's just a description (based on a bit of speculation). 

Then there is the 2nd dimension, a prescriptive one: *should* McGinn be in the first 11. I was only making a point about the 1st dimension. I'm happy to bet! 

But if you want to know my view on the 2nd (I'm sure you all can't wait!): I am always a little surprised at how much stick McGinn gets on here. He has a well-rounded game.

I’m a fan of McGinns, always have been. He’s pissed me off at times but I think he’s a good player who needs rotation. He eventually starts looking knackered in games.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’m a fan of McGinns, always have been. He’s pissed me off at times but I think he’s a good player who needs rotation. He eventually starts looking knackered in games.

That seems a very fair assessment. 

That'll be the end of Luiz imo. A real shame.

For where we are now, Bissouma is probably the right fit and I'll be really excited to have him in.

But I bet we aren't far away from being a much better defensive unit anyway and next year saying 'if only we had more of a creative deep lying playmaker in one of those 8 roles'

Dougie is that player imo, when he's at his best in an 8 role he can maintain possession but also find really killer passes to start attacks from deep.

Having a more defensive minded 8 in Bissouma will shore us up immensely. Put Kamara & Bissouma Vs Man City and we don't concede 3 in 5 mins.

But we'll really regret losing Dougie imo, Coutinho, Ramsey and Buendia should be enough to open up most teams. But on the odd day they aren't on the same wavelength and are all trying to occupy the same space, I think Dougie has a better chance of finding the killer pass than Bissouma.

Maybe we can keep him and add Bissouma - but we just aren't in enough competitions to keep him happy and to sign a new deal

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

New CB, Kamara, Bissouma, Coutinho and new striker, that’s a very good window and transforms the team.

Yep, I think we'll get Bissouma and Tarkowski.

---------------------Ramsey-------------------------
------------Kamara-----Bissouma-------------
Digne------Mings---Tarkowski------Cash
---------------------Martinez------------------------

That's a huge upgrade and makes us a lot more resolute. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

New CB, Kamara, Bissouma, Coutinho and new striker, that’s a very good window and transforms the team.

Luiz and Sanson will be leaving you'd imagine.

JJ, Kamara, Bissouma, McGinn, Nakamba, Carney + Coutinho/Buendia can play 8 if needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, I think we'll get Bissouma and Tarkowski.

---------------------Ramsey-------------------------
------------Kamara-----Bissouma-------------
Digne------Mings---Tarkowski------Cash
---------------------Martinez------------------------

That's a huge upgrade and makes us a lot more resolute. 

those players, with a new striker also, would be a great window.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is that originally tweeted by Graeme Bailey and if so who is he? Reliable or rubbish?

Not sure even Graeme knows who he is, so that should give you an idea to the accuracy of his 'insider transfer knowledge'.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Luiz and Sanson will be leaving you'd imagine.

JJ, Kamara, Bissouma, McGinn, Nakamba, Carney + Coutinho/Buendia can play 8 if needed.

One could argue that Luiz stays and Nakamba goes.  Both Boubs and Biss can be rotating at DM if needed.  We also have young Tim waiting.  I see Carney being lumped in with Coutinho/Buendia as an AM, along with Bailey.  Those 4 rotate 2 spots.  Leaving 3 midfield spots for 6+ players.

AM- Coutinho/Buendia/Carney/Bailey

DM Boubs/Tim

CM Bissouma/SJM

CM JJ/Luiz

Sanson and Nakamba are the odd men out imo.  Plenty of game time to rotate for cup matches etc next season.  Maybe one mid stays in case of injury?  idk

Just now, CVByrne said:

Why would Luiz sign a new contract when he's guaranteed to lose his place in the team ?

just my opinion.  I doubt players think they are losing their spot.  They are all competitive pro athletes, I'll bet they believe in themselves to beat out whoever arrives

Just now, ejs1111 said:

just my opinion.  I doubt players think they are losing their spot.  They are all competitive pro athletes, I'll bet they believe in themselves to beat out whoever arrives

Unless your first name is Matt, last name Targett.

• Haha 2

Â