Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He’s the one we need. Get him in there sitting alongside Kamara with Ramsey just in front 😍

Yep, Kamara as the #6, Bissouma and Ramsey as the #8's with Ramsey license to bomb forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is there space for Bissouma now? Last year on the contract, £25mill surely the fee, he'll have a lot of suitors now that Kamara is off the market...

I think we need Bissouma or another.  Our current midfield just haven’t been good enough or strong enough.  

• Like 4

On 13/05/2022 at 07:28, BOF said:

I just go away and look at the stats when someone makes a statement

Ok here is my statement BOF: ‘If two men wager over whose necktie is more expensive, with the loser giving their necktie to the winner, both men are right to gamble.’

Now we have Bouba then Bissouma is a no for me. 2 players in a 3 man midfield with v little goals and assists potential is not going to be good. It will be too far the other way in terms of balance 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Now we have Bouba then Bissouma is a no for me. 2 players in a 3 man midfield with v little goals and assists potential is not going to be good. It will be too far the other way in terms of balance 

But what about his necktie? 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree and it also allows us to play different formations. We need two defensive minded midfielders this summer for balance. 

5 subs next season? If so your gonna see a lot more use of squads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think it would offer the perfect balance in midfield:

Kamara = #6
Bissouma = #6/8 hybrid
Ramsey = #8

Bissouma would offer additional protection midfield, allowing Ramsey to go forward.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

I think it would offer the perfect balance in midfield:

Kamara = #6
Bissouma = #6/8 hybrid
Ramsey = #8

Bissouma would offer additional protection midfield, allowing Ramsey to go forward.

this would be a midfield made in Holte End heaven......

• Like 3

Emi

Cash   Chambers    Mings     Digne

Kamara      Bissouma

Buendia         Coutinho        Ramsay

Ings / ?????

That would be a lot better than this year.....get it done Villa

• Like 2

Honestly, after Kamara, if we only signed Bissouma, I’d be content. 

We haven’t had it right in the middle of the pitch for years, even back in the Championship we were playing Hourihane as a DM. 

Kamara and Bissouma and I’m delighted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, after Kamara, if we only signed Bissouma, I’d be content. 

We haven’t had it right in the middle of the pitch for years, even back in the Championship we were playing Hourihane as a DM. 

Kamara and Bissouma and I’m delighted.

That’s a hell of a double pivot, it could really transform our team if we can get Bissouma in as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

Emi

Kamara      Bissouma

Ings / ?????

Not meant to single you out because I have seen versions of this across several threads, but in what world will John McGinn not be starting week in and week out? 

6 minutes ago, tyklip said:

Not meant to single you out because I have seen versions of this across several threads, but in what world will John McGinn not be starting week in and week out? 

Well McGinn is great of course, but if we had a better player than him, then he’d have to fight for his place like every member of the squad.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tyklip said:

I think Kamara coming means McGinn and Ramsey will competing for/rotating a place in the side.

5 minutes ago, tyklip said:

The why is SJM stating most games debate, is looking at it from the wrong angle. It says more about the weakness of the other contenders for central midfield. The teacher’s pet argument is a bit daft really. If he keeps his place once we have seriously good competition, then it’s a question that needs asking 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree and it also allows us to play different formations. We need two defensive minded midfielders this summer for balance. 

I agree with you (in disagreeing).  A solid midfield is essential to allow Digne and Cash to bomb forward, providing width.  Kamara drops back and Mings plus ANO can then go slightly wide should we be hit on the counter.  Second midfielder is then also ensuring that Kamara has support and isn't left exposed.  With the third CM (probably JJ or McGinn) with more licence to join Coutinho and Emi in attack.  The key will be to have a striker that can actually finish more chances.

• Like 1

@ender4 @7392craig @DaveAV1

So I think there are two dimensions here. There is the reality (IMO) one: McGinn is going to be in the first 11 next year for most games. It's just a description (based on a bit of speculation). 

Then there is the 2nd dimension, a prescriptive one: *should* McGinn be in the first 11. I was only making a point about the 1st dimension. I'm happy to bet! 

But if you want to know my view on the 2nd (I'm sure you all can't wait!): I am always a little surprised at how much stick McGinn gets on here. He has a well-rounded game.

3 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

Emi

Kamara      Bissouma

Ings / ?????

Ings or Watkins..can't see a striker being affordable if we signed Bissouma. Archer as backup. 

Â