Yves Bissouma

Corleone

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

True. A club like Brighton can't afford to let a 30m player leave for nothing so will have to sell this summer. Rumour has it  Newcastle is interested as well. 

Same as us with Luiz…. Maybe we can do a swap 😬😀

• Like 2

Think he’d be perfect in that midfield 3 on the left or right with Kamara central, the way the 3 screened in front of the back four until we collapsed against city was absolutely solid, add better physical players to that and it becomes very hard to break down.

• Like 1

I think it's important we sign another defensive minded player.

Knowing us Kamara will get a serious injury as soon as the window closes and we'll have to go back to Nakamba as DM for half the season. We're also probably going to see Luiz and Sanson go so the space is there to add another.

Think Bissouma would be a smart pick up now as he could slot into the double pivot infront of back 4 similar to what Spurs have done since they pinched Bentancur from under our noses.

I wasn't that bothered about him but he was brilliant at Spurs totally nullifying Kane so that's changed my mind a little.

Stick Ramsey infront of those two as our goalscoring threat and that's potentially our best midfield trio for well over a decade. 

McGinn as last twenty minute impact sub option please next season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Do we think there is any substance in the links?

Gerrard confirmed we wanted him at end of January (that was in addition to trying to get in Bentancur) so plan always been to sign two new midfielders in one window when two will probably be leaving.

Of course could give more minutes to Carney but his Burnley performance didn't suggest he's ready to start ten games in a row like Ramsey can so have to be realistic there.

Don't want him to go to Newcastle, that would be bad for us as him, Bruno Guimaraes and Joelinthon would be a nightmare to play against for many teams.

Certainly come round to this signing. Only question mark is the issues off the pitch which hasn't been resolved.

Edited by VillaChris

Has to be this one next for me. Having a midfield 3 of Ramsey, Bissouma and Kamara would do wonders to this team. We could even push McGinn up to a more attacking role if we needed to, like the one he plays for Scotland.

• Like 2

Until that investigation is closed or dropped or whatever I'd be leaving this one alone. No idea whether he's done anything or not, but the police obviously think that there is enough in it to keep the investigation open so until that's sorted, steer clear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The player I want us to sign the most out of all the links. Perhaps will see if Douglas Luiz moves on first? 

I was thinking we'll probably need to confirm Luiz sale is happening before adding another midfielder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's important we sign another defensive minded player.

Knowing us Kamara will get a serious injury as soon as the window closes and we'll have to go back to Nakamba as DM for half the season. We're also probably going to see Luiz and Sanson go so the space is there to add another.

Think Bissouma would be a smart pick up now as he could slot into the double pivot infront of back 4 similar to what Spurs have done since they pinched Bentancur from under our noses.

I wasn't that bothered about him but he was brilliant at Spurs totally nullifying Kane so that's changed my mind a little.

Stick Ramsey infront of those two as our goalscoring threat and that's potentially our best midfield trio for well over a decade. 

McGinn as last twenty minute impact sub option please next season.

We have not played a double pivot under Gerrard, and won't next season.  Also Spurs play aback 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We have not played a double pivot under Gerrard, and won't next season.  Also Spurs play aback 3.

O.k. We still need better at 8 though and Bissouma can play a bit more advanced as when you watch Brighton he hardly stays camped on the edge of their box.

Just playing McGinn once again every single minute of every single game isn't going to cut it as he simply isn't that good at this level for where we want to go in near future.

We will also see Sanson leave and probably Doug aswell so would be less numbers for central midfield than this season so we certainly need another signing on top of Kamara who may or may not hit the ground running.

Experienced mid 20s proven prem player like Bissouma would make me really confident in terms of our prospects next season especially given a few teams we want to finish above like Wolves and Leicester will be losing Neves and Tielemans respectively. And Rice will probably leave West Ham next summer so vital we get midfield sorted once and for all.

Edited by VillaChris

Â