Yves Bissouma

Corleone

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He's a good player for a formation we're unlikely to ever play imo. 

Would be great on paper but if we want a better version of Nakamba to protect the back 4 we need to be looking elsewhere.

Gerrard used a 4-3-2-1 formation at Rangers with a teeny tiny DLP in Steven Davis and two more physical and mobile 8s in front of him.

Bissouma would be perfect as one of the two 8's.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That’s not charges dropped. He hasn’t been charged with anything, he is still under investigation for a sexual assault. If there is sufficient evidence he will be charged, if there isn’t he won’t be. It just means that he is not on bail and not subject to bail conditions.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s a good player but has off field issues 

No doubt, an amazing footballer. Charges dropped has to mean something, to be sure, and people are entitled to having their names cleared and false allegations, yes, sometimes occur, although such cases are notoriously hard to prove without DNA evidence. [Inlooking at the Brighton and Hove News again, btw, I don’t see any evidence of charges being “dropped”. As far as I can tell, the man in his 20s who was arrested is out on bail and still officially under investigation. ] BUT BUT BUT ... from what I've seen with cases in American sports in the couple years (Trevor Bauer, Yasiel Puig, et al), where there's smoke ...  The singular waste of money and organizational burden that Trevor Bauer turned out to be for my beloved LA Dodgers should be a cautionary tale-- and there are lots of differences in the allegations, granted -- but club's need to think very carefully about whether it's worth the risk of bringing someone in with that rep, even if it's NOT fair. It's about risk management to an extent, right? Bissouma may be just fine, but ...    

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That’s not charges dropped. He hasn’t been charged with anything, he is still under investigation for a sexual assault. If there is sufficient evidence he will be charged, if there isn’t he won’t be. It just means that he is not on bail and not subject to bail conditions.

I know, I’m asking the OP where he’s got the false information from.

We aren’t stupid enough to pursue a player away at the AFCON and potentially facing prison. IF we are in for him, then all due diligence would’ve been performed. There’s just no way are we going going to spunk £50mill on an asset who conceivably could go to jail in a matter of months, so all signs must lead you to believe no pending charges & no case to answer, again, if our interest is true… I’m not so sure myself but we shall see…

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We aren’t stupid enough to pursue a player away at the AFCON and potentially facing prison. IF we are in for him, then all due diligence would’ve been performed. There’s just no way are we going going to spunk £50mill on an asset who conceivably could go to jail in a matter of months, so all signs must lead you to believe no pending charges & no case to answer, again, if our interest is true… I’m not so sure myself but we shall see…

Or that the speculation is horses**t

As far as I know he is facing one charge of sexual assault. This doesn't seem to be as alarming as 5 rape cases like Mendy! Correct me if I have missed anything.

He would be a great signing from a footballing perspective. Exactly the type of player we need.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

As far as I know he is facing one charge of sexual assault. This doesn't seem to be as alarming as 5 rape cases like Mendy! Correct me if I have missed anything.

He would be a great signing from a footballing perspective. Exactly the type of player we need.

I see no evidence that he’s actually been charged. All I can find is that he is under investigation. He was out on bail before.

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I think any actual sexual assault charges should be enough to disqualify him. But if he gets cleared, that’s another story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I see no evidence that he’s actually been charged. All I can find is that he is under investigation. He was out on bail before.

Yeah he had his bail extended but that ended a couple days ago. I assume we will hear a decision being made in the coming days.

• Like 1

Can't see it happening - he's at the AFCON and he's under investigation for sexual assault. 

January doesn't seem the right time to be making a move for him

Â