Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn’t be writing off our most talented footballer if I were you. Everybody gets a clean slate under Emery. 

If his form doesn’t pick up, then so be it, we’ll probably be stuck with a dud for the next few years but I think he might surprise a few after the WC. 

I think the new manager will help him play a key role for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn’t be writing off our most talented footballer if I were you. Everybody gets a clean slate under Emery. 

If his form doesn’t pick up, then so be it, we’ll probably be stuck with a dud for the next few years but I think he might surprise a few after the WC. 

If as we saw today the team get their shit together this may allow Coutinho the luxury to do his thing. It's a very fine line though and will be interesting to see how he reacts to Unai's input. Coutinho isn't just gonna be a washout overnight we've seen early on in the season what he can do. He's low on confidence, probably unhappy and likely not entirely fit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I've brought it up before.

Very similar situation.

Unai won't make the same mistake again.

He is a different type of player to Ozil though, Ozil was at his best when everything went through him. Coutinho was always more a player who provided moments of magic in games. Maybe still too much of a luxury player for what we want but the challenge for Emery is to create a setup that allows Coutinho the opportunities to provide those moments of quality. We can only wait and see what happens I suppose.

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Don't worry Coutinho, I've ruled myself out of the World Cup too, ive got a cold. 

Southgate's tactics have also ruled themselves out of the World Cup.

Edited by birdman
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What a disaster of a signing.

Been poor this season, but showed spells of supreme talent last season. Still has a part to play. 

• Like 2

He came here as a bit of a warm-up for the world cup. Unfortunately he had a naff manager and stunk it out for the last six months.

I think work is underway on a move away. I think he found out he wasn't in the squad and threw a wobbler.

Edited by Tomaszk

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Will he surprise you as much as Bentancur?

Â