Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

29 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why are people willing to let all the other players return to form and not give Coutinho a chance. Our bench was odd, only 1 attacking player there in Ings. I'm sure he was ill

Because he isnt very good and is finished at this level

He is only here because his moronic mate. Nobody wanted him

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because he isnt very good and is finished at this level

He is only here because his moronic mate. Nobody wanted him

That's totally bullshit. You just need to go back in this thread to the months after he joined

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

That's totally bullshit. You just need to go back in this thread to the months after he joined

Nope i called out at the time was a dud signing. Nobody wanted him except fake rumours about Spurs

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope i called out at the time was a dud signing. Nobody wanted him except fake rumours about Spurs

I think that's bollocks, he took a payout especially to play for Gerrard.  I'm pretty sure a few other teams would have taken him on the same terms if they could but he'd set his sights on us.  Anyone writing him off now under Emery is an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

You and the majority of Villa fans

As Emery told the players, it’s a clean slate now, I’ll make my mind up on Coutinho when he plays for us again. Can’t pretend I wasn’t loving it when we signed him!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Watkins, Digne, Bailey to name a few, all written off under Gerrard.

Coutinho was judged the same. I trust Uni will get the best out of him.

Literally everyone looked transformed against Brentford except this guy.

Should give you a clue.

Didn't look interested. Didn't work hard after losing the ball. His touch was way off.

Only came here because of his mate. His age, wages, contract. It's just a disastrous deal.

41 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

People have to find a negative. I would not be writing Coutinho off yet, he has been hamstrung by a tactically inept manager up until now. He can still be an asset.

Don't think he'll fit into Emery's style at all.

Emery tried to indulge Ozil a fair bit at Arsenal and probably regrets that now.

Coutinho won't be here in six months and certainly shouldn't be starting anymore over Buendia.

Â