Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Maybe he will play alternate games in order to preserve fitness....Danny is not a young as he was and playing CF is an arduous job at the best of times....so it might suit him.

Agree. That makes a lot of sense and that’s how a quality squad should work. Could well be a period of mental adjustment for them both if they see themselves as the regular CF starter. 

Just now, abdomlahor said:

How on earth can two teams have the option to buy a player at the end of a loan deal? Defeats the whole purpose of us negotiating a purchase option in the first place.

Don't matter even if they do, cause we will have first dibbs for sure. 

If that Tottenham thing is true which seems bit mad it doesn't concern me at all.

Coutinho took a wage cut to come here because he supposedly wants to get his career back on track
We'll only try and exercise a purchase if he performs well for us
If he's playing well for us it means his good friend Gerrard is getting the best out of him
There's no way he chooses to go to Spurs over staying here in that scenario. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't matter even if they do, cause we will have first dibbs for sure. 

It’s BS, only way Barca would guarantee that to Spurs is for a small fee now and there is no way Spurs and especially Levy would pay a fee like that, for the unknown.  Barca wouldn’t fix a sale fee now for Spurs for free without any obligation or fee from Spurs. Makes no sense on any level.

edit: if Spurs had paid a fee then we’d know about it as well

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

I'm actually suprised more players don't do this in all honesty. 

I try and put myself in that position.

I've got a massive mansion in the poshest part of town.  I've got a garage full of supercars.  I've got £100m in the bank. 

What motivates me.  Do I wake up in the morning dreaming of another £10m barely involved in my absolute passion or do I dream of playing the game I love, scoring goal, listening to the adoring fans........ And STILL get paid an absolutely stupid amount of money by anyone's standards. 

You must have real passion and drive to get to that status in the first place. You can see most footballers hate being on the bench or subbed off.  

Surely at some stage money takes a back seat.  It's not as if they go from gigantic sums of money to nothing is it? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still can't believe this. And to think, 10 years ago the internet broke because we signed Darren Bent.

So much has happened since then, including such January  blockbuster signings Grant Holt, Yacouba Sylla, Simon Dawkins, Danny Drinkwater, Ally Samatta and Borja Baston. There was also a literal relegation in the middle, with 3 years spent in the gauntlet that is the Championship where notable January singings included Tom Carroll, Birkir Bjarnasson and Scott Hogan.

Never a dull moment supporting this club. Can't wait to see what we have in store for us around the corner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm actually suprised more players don't do this in all honesty. 

I try and put myself in that position.

I've got a massive mansion in the poshest part of town.  I've got a garage full of supercars.  I've got £100m in the bank. 

What motivates me.  Do I wake up in the morning dreaming of another £10m barely involved in my absolute passion or do I dream of playing the game I love, scoring goal, listening to the adoring fans........ And STILL get paid an absolutely stupid amount of money by anyone's standards. 

You must have real passion and drive to get to that status in the first place. You can see most footballers hate being on the bench or subbed off.  

Surely at some stage money takes a back seat.  It's not as if they go from gigantic sums of money to nothing is it? 

i agree in principle, but its also living to your means.

Whether you earn 25k, 250k, or 2.5m your lifestyle tends to reflect your income, and if you were in 400k a week, many (as they do) wouldnt want to take the financial hit to play, as we see with many who say "eh, im happy on the fringe here earning my 1/2/3/400k per week".

Good for him though, he seems like the kind of player who just wants to be loved and adored, something he probably hasnt had for 3-4 years, maybe if he does well he will get that here and want to stay!

Quite funny to see the two clubs trying to get their side of the story out.

Purslow through BBC, Percy and Collomosse. ~£125k a week, whatever. 

Barca through Romano, Xavi, whoever. They're paying 65% which would probably be ~£225k a week.

If the player wanted to come, and it certainly looks like it does, we've done badly if we haven't got a favourable deal.

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I arrived at work, stunned by the confirmed news, had colleagues asking me if everything was ok, as if distracted by some personal life crisis and I haven’t been able to tell them it was “merely” football related as well, I work in a hospital and I’ll spare the rest as to the mistakes and lack of care I have given my work today.

Wondered why my Nan went in for a hip replacement and came out with a Brazilian.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Still can't believe this. And to think, 10 years ago the internet broke because we signed Darren Bent.

So much has happened since then, including such January  blockbuster signings Grant Holt, Yacouba Sylla, Simon Dawkins, Danny Drinkwater, Ally Samatta and Borja Baston. There was also a literal relegation in the middle, with 3 years spent in the gauntlet that is the Championship where notable January singings included Tom Carroll, Birkir Bjarnasson and Scott Hogan.

Never a dull moment supporting this club. Can't wait to see what we have in store for us around the corner.

N'Zogbia, Ireland, Jenas, Bowery, Tonev, Helenius, Bacuna, Cissokho, Richardson, Cole, Gestede, Lescott, Richards, Bennett, Tshibola......

Its been line a decade long car crash lol.

• Like 3

Â