Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've never seen so much interest in who is paying which percentage of the wages

Never had a £380k/week player sign for us before either :D 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what shirt numbers do we have free currently?

Wes could give him the 9 but I don’t like that. Hourihane could give him the 14 but that is his Barca number and seeing as he is coming for a fresh start from an unsuccessful spell he may want a new one but we don’t really have any good ones, unless a random one is significant to him.

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Wes could give him the 9 but I don’t like that. Hourihane could give him the 14 but that is his Barca number and seeing as he is coming for a fresh start from an unsuccessful spell he may want a new one but we don’t really have any good ones, unless a random one is significant to him.

How about 99999 he’ll pay for himself in shirt sales no bother. 

9 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Hi all. I’m a lurker rather than poster these days so I’ll make up for lost time with a megapost. I’ve been dying to post all day, just finished work, haven’t read the previous pages but obviously everyone is delighted.

I am 43 year old child today.

I arrived at work, stunned by the confirmed news, had colleagues asking me if everything was ok, as if distracted by some personal life crisis and I haven’t been able to tell them it was “merely” football related as well, I work in a hospital and I’ll spare the rest as to the mistakes and lack of care I have given my work today. That is down to Coutinho, Gerrard, our wonderful owners and our backroom infrastructure, Lange and Purslow, hats off to them too.

I just wanted to give one man’s take on the absolute positivity, optimism and love I have for this club. It has never waned over time, no matter who in charge, your club is your life, your religion. No matter what. I am not getting carried away by one signing. But the magnitude of this signing, the magnitude of our manager. Thanks Deano for everything you did and brought us to this point and with this foundation.

Two random additional aspects of miscellany as I type:

Firstly- Newcastle et al - Forget Trippier and any other mercenary they may sign. To see Coutinho come to us, not being interested in their financial package nor their footballing project- that must hurt. A little reality check there, that has likely taken their very vocal fans down a peg or two in reminding them that not everybody can be bought, in life or football. Sure, we are a bigger club, with better prospects and a more intrinsically soul, identity and infrastructure, than that of NUFC. But more often than not in football, transfers don’t usually go this way. This certainly wasn’t a financial decision (especially on potentially reduced financial terms), it was one for football. A two-fingers up to Newcastle and that darker, less palatable side of the game. The neutrals across England and the footballing world looked at us and this move today and they applaud it too. I have been hooked to the reaction outside of this club to the transfer today.

Secondly- Dear Small Heath Alliance - _____ing have some of that. Have some.

My love for this club is and always has been unbreakable. Such love, is constant, so it takes a lot for me to react the way I have today, a mess at work. I feel star struck, excited, just so ____ing in love with all things Villa even more so. I have had a lump in my throat at points of the day. Literally locked myself in the toilet cubicle watching videos and clips and news updates.

This could be a landmark for us, a milestone from which we progress, on and on and on.

Thanks for this signing Villa. I have been in shock all day. Phillipe Coutinho, welcome. I like your position, your style of play, your magic, your professionalism, your attitude, your ridiculous skill, the levels of each of these things that you will raise in others in our squad, particularly our youth who will look up to you, as will our first team.

What do you see here Philippe? Do you see the plan and the project too? You want to be part of that, from the off? This new Gerrard direction? Take us there PC. You may have graced the Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena in more recent times but you have no idea as to the unique fanaticism and support that is awaiting you and the love you will receive from 43 year old children such as myself. I can’t remember feeling like this, for a long time.

This to me, feels like we are on the verge of entering a Villa Goldilocks Zone. Competition wins aside, this is one of the biggest points in our Villa lives. This is a turning point of a gift and I am thankful. What a statement signing, what a coup. When I wake up tomorrow and realise this was all real… I get to experience this all again. Only then will it sink in that I was not dreaming.

UTFV. SOTFC. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COUTINHO – GET IN THERE MY SON

JESUS CHRIST I NEED TO GO LAY DOWN

43 you say

So probably in the "wet ya pants today" group instead of creaming them

• Haha 3

Â