Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Didn’t Xavi also say he reduced his wages for this move? Or is that their source for this?

ye he did, which makes me think this might be true, we pay 100% of his wages, but he has agreed to take a pay cut so we can afford his wages.

Xavi said Coutinho agreed to a pay cut, so seems to match!!?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye he did, which makes me think this might be true, we pay 100% of his wages, but he has agreed to take a pay cut so we can afford his wages.

Xavi said Coutinho agreed to a pay cut, so seems to match!!?

Hes gonna have to dip in to his 150 million nest egg to get by. Hope he manages ok

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hes gonna have to dip in to his 150 million nest egg to get by. Hope he manages ok

yeah he's not poor, but regardless a lot of "top" players wouldnt do similar (if true), so fair play to him if he has taken a sizeable pay cut to get game time here.

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If its true about the wage cut then we are getting one hungry player. And then it also makes sense with the option to buy in the summer. We will not have to negotiate salary. Already agreed . 

Would make me love this move more that a quality player is that hungry to play he reduces his wages that much.

Just now, nick76 said:

Would make me love this move more that a quality player is that hungry to play he reduces his wages that much.

i agree, tbh its very easy for these super rich players pushing 30 to just say "eh, i will just sit here on my 400k thanks", but if he has taken a huge pay cut to come here and play, fair play to the guy.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree, tbh its very easy for these super rich players pushing 30 to just say "eh, i will just sit here on my 400k thanks", but if he has taken a huge pay cut to come here and play, fair play to the guy.

I read he also took a pay cut in order to extend his Bayern loan for the full season, so he has previous in that regard. I have no worries about him personality wise, seems a shy but good guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â