Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

Why would spurs have anything to do with it? People are suggesting that we went to those lengths to negotiate a deal just for Barcelona to agree it with someone else. Seriously?

Levy

"we'll pay you £2m for the same agreed fee of €40m that Aston Villa have" 

Why would barca say no? 

The question is why would spurs make the offer, unless they expect him to be a success and cost more than that in the summer

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

welcome to VT friendo!, thanks for your opinion, very much appreciated.

This is clearly the biggest signing Villa have made in my lifetime, i think the consensus is, if we can get a version of Coutinho that is even 75% of what he is capable of, it will be a huge success.

Would you agree?

PS: re optimism, my defence for that is in the last 15 years we have gone from competing for the top 4 under MON and were genuinely one of the "big clubs" in England, to having sold all our key player assets, fallen down the league, got relegated, spent 3 years in the Championship, had a corrupt club owner (thats not a joke, he is/was actually a wanted man internationally), nearly had to sell our main asset (Grealish) for a packet of crisps to Spurs a few years back, then had him taken from us by Manchester Money, only stayed up by a point 2 years ago.......although we did have a decent season last season and now things do look on the up with our new owners, Purslow and Gerrard..........my point is, please forgive the pessimism......but i kinda think after the last 10+ years you are lucky we arent committing mass seppuku! :P

Hopefully the good times are coming again soon ay!

Not to mention literally everytime we spend big on a player it ranges from complete disaster to minor failure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if we can get the version of Coutinho that is even 75% of the below, this is going to be some signing.

The reaction speed and resourcefulness in some of those situations to not only keep possession but go past the player and further up the pitch is insane.

He loves a meg doesn't he, megging a dude by rolling the ball with your studs, yeesh

• Like 2

He was a fantastic player. 

If he can stay fit, get his confidence back and enjoy football again, even if he only reaches say 75% of his former ability we'll have a real player on our hands. If he does then I hope we find a way to keep him at the club after the summer.

Lots of if's thou but if the finances are as they've been reported I like that we're giving it a go.

All this Spurs talk is meaningless.  Coutinho took a pay cut to come here, apparently he had other options but he chose to come here.  If he’s a success here, and us and Spurs want to sign him in the summer he’ll sign for us.  Spurs aren’t that big of a draw to take him away from us given all what has and will take place.

Edit: plus, just enjoy him while he’s here.  We saw with Jack, that he was here one minute, gone the next.  Who knows what tomorrow brings but just in the same way we were gutted Jack left, we now sit, we got 100m for Jack which we’ve partly spent and replaced him with Coutinho.  

Enjoy today, Villa will thrive whatever happens so don’t worry about tomorrow.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

if we can get the version of Coutinho that is even 75% of the below, this is going to be some signing.

My word, those Everton and Arsenal clips.... he should have served jail time for that... illegally good. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

As much as I loved Grealish and rated him when he was here, half of the moves in this video would be beyond him.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I loved Grealish and rated him when he was here, half of the moves in this video would be beyond him.

Not fair to start comparing him. He certainly had enough moves to get past most of the players in the premiership, rarely got dispossessed from what I can remember.

It is so refreshing to watch a highlights video and not be thinking, "80% of these clips were in the Championship", or "He looks good, but <insert league> isn't exactly the highest quality". To see a highlights video of a player making everyone at all levels of football look like chumps is mind blowing to me.

• Like 2

Â