Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

If it’s only a loan, it’s worth the risk. We have little to lose. We need some creative spark and it would be a “statement” regardless. 

If he’s even half of the Liverpool signing this would be great. If he was awesome and wanted to stay, that’s a step up for us. If it doesn’t work out, no real impact as we aren’t likely to get Europe this season and signing Coutinho certainly wouldn’t end in relegation.

I’d def take a punt. It’s exciting. Even those saying this is bad are secretly excited by the name. That’s why this thread already has so many posts. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

If it happens and it works, just imagine. If it doesn't it will be painful. 6 months though, I trust the club.

at the moment I am not sure I do.  Is a bit of an old boys feeling about the place at the moment for me

Just now, Zatman said:

at the moment I am not sure I do.  Is a bit of an old boys feeling about the place at the moment for me

I know what you mean but I think / hope that's just the state of journalism 

Coutinho and Gomez on loan does absolutely nothing for me 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funny thing is if Newcastle was linked to signing Coutinho we would be laughing

On a loan to the end of the season? I doubt we’d be laughing. 

As a permanent signing when they’re about to be relegated we might. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He can sit of his arse earning 380k, if he wants a move it because he is driven enough to make the WC squad, this could be a stroke of genius. Worst case, it's not our money and it goes in the book against SG.

• Like 1

Meh. Obviously a brilliant player but lost his way after leaving Liverpool.

But I said the same about West Ham signing Lingard last season.

Who the **** knows? Hopefully Gerrard and co.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbf, quite a lot of people downplay Coutinho's performances as Bayern. Saying that he only performed against weaker teams or that he could only put up those numbers because he was playing in a team as superior as Bayern.

Closest league in style to the Prem, he should come and play that badly for us! 

Then there’s the UCL semi against Barca where he scored 2 and assisted 1 for Bayern.. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On a loan to the end of the season? I doubt we’d be laughing. 

As a permanent signing when they’re about to be relegated we might. 

Difference is for Newcastle who need to move up 2 places and no alternatives or youth coming through a 6 month loan makes sense 

For us? I don't see it

The Lingard comparison someone made, yep again I see the sense, it pushed them over the line but then he and utd **** about and WH very quickly moved on because there's no deal to be done, I think we would be the same we won't sign him in the summer, he'll either be shit and we move on or he'll be great and go somewhere bigger... But the point would be what do we actually achieve in the 6 months? The answer to me is nothing, so why do it?

I'd rather play chuk 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Closest league in style to the Prem, he should come and play that badly for us! 

Then there’s the UCL semi against Barca where he scored 2 and assisted 1 for Bayern.. 

It was already 5-2 when he came on vs Barca

• Haha 1

Â