Premier League relegation battle

useless

If we all agree that Norwich are doomed then it's 4 clubs battling for 2 places.

Watford bit of jinx team so happy for them to go.

Burnley another team we struggle against with their agricultural style and that word removed Mee so that would be nice if they drop.

Everton a team we take points off and are a potential rival going forward so would be interesting if they dropped but not good for our points total!

Leeds another team we struggle against and would be hilarious if they dropped.

So from my point of view I would love Deano to pull one out the bag and Norwich and Everton to survive.

In reality it will be Norwich Watford and Everton I think.

Everton should have kept Big Dunc for this battle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its ginna be burnley norwich and watford

Burnley could easily take another 4 points off us, another Watford type game home and away.

I could see them grinding out a 0-1 away win at Brentford on Saturday so in that scenario a draw wouldn't be enough for Everton to get out of bottom 3 (unless Leeds lose at home to Norwich).

Everton can't just rely on Burnley and Watford losing every week at this stage of the season, I think Burnley will get to 33-34 points and their GD is better than Everton's so there's the pressure right there on Lampard, can he get this squad winning another 4-5 games this season?

7 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'd say Burnley were more certain to go down if they didn't have two games left against us. They are just the sort of team that we drop points against.

Nailed on we'll go to Turf Moor, have 50 shots off target, 20 on target with Nick Pope saving everything and then Mings will boot the ball against Mee's backside and it will fly into the top corner in 89th minute.

So got Burnley already on 24 points. I think we'll beat them at VP for first time in a while though.

Norwich are gone, obviously. They can't score and their defence is terrible. Smith's made them better but they simply aren't up to this level.

Watford are a strange one. They aren't as hopeless as Norwich but they don't have reliable performances in them. Woy will make them harder to beat but that's not enough.

Burnley look like the sparks gone. Dyche seems to have been able to motivate them to perform above their ability when it counts, but this season that just hasn't happened. They look tired, like the fight's gone out of them. The Chelsea match was a proper 'getting relegated' kinda result - a strong half where they held their own defensively but couldn't score, and then get destroyed. I'd bet Dyche fancied getting a point there, or even a narrow hard fought loss wouldn't be the worst result for confidence, instead they got battered. That's a morale sapper. On the plus side they've got us to play yet and we hand out points in these situations like sweets, and Dyche will go down fighting, which might be enough to save them.

Everton are dire but on paper they've got a few players that can win games for them, but they're relying on 3 teams being worse than them and them finally getting a decent performance going. They will be very worried if Watford or Burnley nick a win somewhere before they do. Lampard is an absurd appointment and if they do save themselves this season they should be terrified for next year.

Leeds' style is enough to pinch a game or 2, like how we can never play against them they will get a few points and they're a better side than those below them, just. They are relying on Marsch not making the wheels fall off though. Next season? They might be in big trouble.

Just seen that Burnley play Brentford this weekend but then don't play again until April 2nd and that's against Man City, in the mean time Leeds play us and Norwich at home and Wolves away, after they've played those Burnley will have three games in hand, so Leeds are going to be desperate for points from the next three, especially if Burnley manage to beat Brentford this Saturday.

On 06/03/2022 at 20:39, useless said:

I think there are a few fixtures missing presumably because they haven't been given a date yet, but looking at those Everton look to have the most difficult run in, the others are much of a muchness, when teams are struggling hard what's an easy run in and what isn't because they can potentially struggle against any team in the league, Leeds fixtures don't look too bad for example, but they're where they are for a reason.

dare i say it but Newcastle could get dragged back into it as well, three away games coming up, and still have to play a lot of the top teams, they could do with beating Southampton next, a lot might depend on how Southampton's defeat against us has affected them, they could go on a poor run now.

I was just about to post something similar then I read this. Good point I think and not beyond the realms of possibility.

Southampton (a), Chelsea (a) - Could quite easily be two defeats then Everton (a) becomes massive for both clubs

Palace (h) is currently not scheduled so it could be 4 defeats on the spin with Spurs (a) next up. That would set the nerves jangling for their more winnable games (on paper).

Wolves (h), Leicester (h), Norwich (a) and of course Palace (h) they will be looking for perhaps 9 points from that lot? Which will be key as it will more than likely be 0 from 9 in the next three -  Liverpool (H), Man City (a), Arsenal (h)

Wouldn't mind a relegation decider last game of the season with Burnley (a). It is very doubtful (in fact 16/1 with the bookies) but you can easily go on losing runs in this league and these lot are due a loss (or 12 😛).

All that said, messed about with the results predictor and had Norwich, Watford and Brentford! But it will come down to who wins the "6 pointers" when they face each other.

I think 34 points will be enough to avoid the drop - Just hope we can get that single point 😛  

• Thanks 1

I hadn't realized how tricky Newcastle's fixtures looked, that Brighton win was a lot more crucial than I realized. They're probably due some bad results, and might get dragged into a position where they become nervous looking over their should again, but ultimately should be okay now, as another six or seven points should be enough to see them safe.

• Like 1

Everton have 3-4 games in hand. 1 extra win out of those games and they should just about stay up.

Brentford have a good chance to go down as well.

But Watford, Norwich and Burnley still look the most likely. Can’t see any of them picking up another 12-14 points which is what they’ll need.

The win at Norwich was massive for Brentford and having a goalscorer like Toney is massive at this stage of the season. Burnley  had a good run but then the last two games have gone against them but they know how to battle and win points. I dont know what to make of Everton. They put up a really good show against Man City but looked like they threw in the towel last night. Home games are vital for them. Leeds: The game against us is massive for them. if they beat us I think they will survive. Norwich are gone and Watford probably too. 

Everton have just one game in hand over Burnley now, bearing in mind they have the worst away record in the league and haven't won away from home since the third game of the season there isn't much room for error in their fixtures, as other than away games and games against top four clubs all that's left is Wolves (h), Newcastle (h), Palace (h)ᵖ, Brentford (h), so they need to get a decent haul of points from those or hope that their away form suddenly improves dramatically, or they can get something from the home games against Man Utd and Chelsea.

Next two fixtures at home to Wolves and Newcastle are crucial for them.

• Like 1

After this weeks games here are the latest odds, table and games to play.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Norwich - 

Leeds A - Brighton A - Burnley H - Man U A - Newcastle H - Villa A - West Ham H - Wolves A - Spurs H

Watford

Southampton - A - Everton H - Liverpool A - Leeds H - Brentford H - Man City A - Burnley H - Palace A - Leicester H - Chelsea A

Burnley

Brentford A - Southampton H - Man City H - Norwich A - West Ham A - Wolves H - Watford A - Villa H - Spurs A - Newcastle H - (TBA Villa A & Everton H)

Leeds

Norwich H - Wolves A - Southampton H - Watford A - Chelsea H - Palace A - Man City H - Arsenal A - Brighton H - Brentford A

Brentford

Burnley H - Leicester A - Chelsea A - West Ham H - Watford A - Spurs H - Man U A - Southampton H - Everton A - Leeds H

Everton

Wolves H - Newcastle H - Watford A - West Ham A - Man U H - Palace H - Liverpool A - Chelsea H - Leicester A - Brentford H - Arsenal A - (TBA Burnley A & Leicester H)

• Thanks 3

I think Norwich would have to win their next three games to stand a chance. They’re gone, they might reach 25 points. Best of luck next season Deano.

On paper, Watford have some winnable matches there. Southampton, Everton, Leeds, Brentford, Burnley. They’d probably need to win four of those and pick up draws against the likes of Leicester and Palace. Can’t see it. 

Burnley I just feel will shithouse their way through to safety.

Brentford, I think have enough to sneak over the line. They might just be the main players in  in this battle though, having both Everton and Leeds as their final two games. 

So I think it’s Everton or Leeds. Gun to my head, I’d say Leeds are in the most trouble, especially if they don’t win their next match against Norwich. Everton are better and they have more chances left to pick up points.

Now watch as Brentford collapse to 18th to make me look like a clearing in the woods.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2022 at 15:55, useless said:

I hadn't realized how tricky Newcastle's fixtures looked, that Brighton win was a lot more crucial than I realized. They're probably due some bad results, and might get dragged into a position where they become nervous looking over their should again, but ultimately should be okay now, as another six or seven points should be enough to see them safe.

Newcastle's going to end on 45 points at this rate, some post xmas points haul from Howe, fair play to him considering they haven't even had Trippier and ASM available for last 4 games.

Norwich at home is huge for Leeds, they have to win that otherwise they'll probably drop I think given how bad they looked tonight.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle's going to end on 45 points at this rate, some post xmas points haul from Howe, fair play to him considering they haven't even had Trippier and ASM available for last 4 games.

Norwich at home is huge for Leeds, they have to win that otherwise they'll probably drop I think given how bad they looked tonight.

ASM injury is probably a blessing for them, I dont think they get the same results with him playing