Premier League relegation battle

useless

Watford will probably stay up now, they got 2 wins in fairly short order against us and Southampton, who are quite a distance above them in the table and both decent enough teams. they will get another couple of wins and some draws out of their remaining games and be alright. They do have goals in the team and are capable at scoring, not so much defending. The 6 points we gifted them this season, including the opening day will be enough for them.

it might be good for Everton to go down, they need a complete rebuild, get rid of the old guard board and hangers on and unsavoury characters in the boardroom around the place. its not ideal but it will be humbling for them like it was for us, they will come back a better club with a clearer identity and the fans will enjoy seeing them win more games down there.

not ideal timing though with their new ground and inflation putting the cost of materials up and the changes they are having to make because of this etc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Watford will probably stay up now, they got 2 wins in fairly short order against us and Southampton, who are quite a distance above them in the table and both decent enough teams. they will get another couple of wins and some draws out of their remaining games and be alright. They do have goals in the team and are capable at scoring, not so much defending. The 6 points we gifted them this season, including the opening day will be enough for them.

it might be good for Everton to go down, they need a complete rebuild, get rid of the old guard board and hangers on and unsavoury characters in the boardroom around the place. its not ideal but it will be humbling for them like it was for us, they will come back a better club with a clearer identity and the fans will enjoy seeing them win more games down there.

not ideal timing though with their new ground and inflation putting the cost of materials up and the changes they are having to make because of this etc

Their new ground is two years off isn't it? So they could just go down, do a Newcastle and come back more optimistic with a younger and hungrier team.

Probably similar to when West Ham went down in 2011 but Olympic Stadium was still a few years off being ready to move in so they had time to get themselves sorted.

Think the Everton situation is very comparable to when Newcastle went down in 2009 when you look at the squads and general state of both clubs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Their new ground is two years off isn't it? So they could just go down, do a Newcastle and come back more optimistic with a younger and hungrier team.

Probably similar to when West Ham went down in 2011 but Olympic Stadium was still a few years off being ready to move in so they had time to get themselves sorted.

Think the Everton situation is very comparable to when Newcastle went down in 2009 when you look at the squads and general state of both clubs.

Think its more the Villa relegation situation mixed with Leeds. Shit team while being badly ran financially 

They dont have a Chris Hughton or senior pro like Nolan, Smith or Barton. If they go down they are heading for disaster. Should really sack Lampard now and hope Big Dunc passion is enough short term 

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think its more the Villa relegation situation mixed with Leeds. Shit team while being badly ran financially 

They dont have a Chris Hughton or senior pro like Nolan, Smith or Barton. If they go down they are heading for disaster. Should really sack Lampard now and hope Big Dunc passion is enough short term 

Allan is senior pro surely? Guy played in CL for years and has Brazil caps. Coleman aswell but he can't run anymore which is a bit of a problem.

Sums it up that Everton are dreadful yet if they go down then Allan will probably just go back to Serie A and look decent again, Richarlison will sign for Barca or someone and feels like West Ham will fancy Calvert Lewin as he's a Moyes type CF and fits with their style. Can see Pickford ending up at Leeds as he isn't starting keeper at World cup if he's in the championship.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Allan is senior pro surely? Guy played in CL for years and has Brazil caps. Coleman aswell but he can't run anymore which is a bit of a problem.

Sums it up that Everton are dreadful yet if they go down then Allan will probably just go back to Serie A and look decent again, Richarlison will sign for Barca or someone and feels like West Ham will fancy Calvert Lewin as he's a Moyes type CF and fits with their style. Can see Pickford ending up at Leeds as he isn't starting keeper at World cup if he's in the championship.

Allan hasn't done a thing all season so not a pro for me. Like calling Lescott or Gabby a senior  pro

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Allan hasn't done a thing all season so not a pro for me. Like calling Lescott or Gabby a senior  pro

Yeah when I saw him v Spurs he was doing an amazing Westwood impression of endlessly passing 5 yards sideways.

Correct me if I'm wrong but massively rated at Napoli so felt like a big signing for Everton at the time anyway.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yeah when I saw him v Spurs he was doing an amazing Westwood impression of endlessly passing 5 yards sideways.

Correct me if I'm wrong but massively rated at Napoli so felt like a big signing for Everton at the time anyway.

He played ok under Ancelotti for a few months but after that disappeared. He was OK in Italy but the fact he cost 20 million and Napoli were happy to sell and havent missed him

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Who's this Hernandez guy for Watford scoring some great goals? One to look at if they go down.

Feels like him,  Dennis and Sarr could be enough to keep them up.

He has had a few loan spells in La Liga that werent exactly great, he has been at Watford nearly 5 seasons now

Just now, Zatman said:

He has had a few loan spells in La Liga that werent exactly great, he has been at Watford nearly 5 seasons now

Watford are total weirdos sometimes with some of the players they collect and endlessly loan out.

I remember looking at their forum last time they went down and they weren't happy they had to sell Estupinan who they'd loaned out for a few seasons and had to sell to Villareal as he didn't want to play for them in championship.

Think they also had a Luis Suarez who had a decent record at some of the clubs he was loaned to in Spain and they sold him aswell while keeping a well past it Deeney.

Leeds had a lot of decions go their way against Norwich as well, could have had a couple of players sent off, first goal should have been disallowed for offside as Bamford was obviously involved in the play, and Norwich also by most accounts should have had a penalty.

I still don't think they're safe yet, we get this every week, a team wins a game and they're suddenly declared safe, and they lose again the following week and people are back to saying they could go down again, it's the same with Burnley and Watford, one minute they're apparently doomed, then get one good result and they're back in with a chance again.

I also still think Everton are in big trouble, bearing in mind that they've got an away game coming up against Burnley and Burnley also still have Norwich to play, that's a big chance for Burnley to catch up with them.

Relegation battle getting boring again, and will probably get even more so in the first weekend after the international break as Watford play Liverpool and Burnley play Man City. Need Everton and Leeds to lose a few games on the spin now, and for Burnley and Watford to pick up some wins as soon as possible to make it interesting again.

I still think Everton are far from safe, they're only four points ahead of Watford, and five points ahead of Burnley, and they still have to play both of them away from home, bearing in mind they have the worst away form in the league, also Burnley still have Norwich to play which will likely be three points for them, and besides all that they (Everton) probably have by far the most difficult run in of all the teams.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Relegation battle getting boring again, and will probably get even more so in the first weekend after the international break as Watford play Liverpool and Burnley play Man City. Need Everton and Leeds to lose a few games on the spin now, and for Burnley and Watford to pick up some wins as soon as possible to make it interesting again.

I still think Everton are far from safe, they're only four points ahead of Watford, and five points ahead of Burnley, and they still have to play both of them away from home, bearing in mind they have the worst away form in the league, also Burnley still have Norwich to play which will likely be three points for them, and besides all that they (Everton) probably have by far the most difficult run in of all the teams.

A big factor also is Lampard. I truly believe he is an awful manager. Failed at derby with likes of mount and tomori in the championship and scraped 4th spot with a  unreal chelsea squad. Now, with a poor squad and no tactical awareness, he will take everton down

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Oh well at least Burnley are finally going to be flushed. The Stoke of the late 10s/early 20s. Hope we never see them again.

Well after last week Burnley play silky football compared to West Ham 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2022 at 07:47, Mantis said:

Oh well at least Burnley are finally going to be flushed. The Stoke of the late 10s/early 20s. Hope we never see them again.

Im not a Burnley fan but you have to respect them.They are the smallest club to win the old first division.Which is something quite a few other clubs have never done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Im not a Burnley fan but you have to respect them.They are the smallest club to win the old first division.Which is something quite a few other clubs have never done.

No, I loathe them, or at least the team and manager. They're a bunch of thugs.

• Thanks 1