Premier League relegation battle

useless

I watched the first half and some of the second half, Brentford were poor, looked like they weren't that bothered, which you might expect from a team with nothing to play for, but with the tensions between the two clubs I thought they would be more motivated. Leeds also got lucky in that Brentford just after they scored were reduced to ten men because of an injury and having already used all their subs and then shortly after they had a player sent off so played the last ten minutes or so with nine men.

Would've been a very interesting finish if Janelt hadn't take his shirt off after the 1-1. Fancy Brentford might've scored another.

Leeds winner would've also been ruled out last season with Rodrigo right in front of the keeper, not that it mattered.

Everton massively got away with it from that Palace comeback given Arsenal hammered them. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Would've been a very interesting finish if Janelt hadn't take his shirt off after the 1-1. Fancy Brentford might've scored another.

Leeds winner would've also been ruled out last season with Rodrigo right in front of the keeper, not that it mattered.

Everton massively got away with it from that Palace comeback given Arsenal hammered them. 

I think Everton went straight to the beach after that comeback, although beating Arsenal with something riding on the game still would have been a tough ask for sure.

5 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think Everton went straight to the beach after that comeback, although beating Arsenal with something riding on the game still would have been a tough ask for sure.

Shows the thin margins of a relegation battle sometimes. Burnley were a point clear of Everton at half time on Thursday in the live table.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Looking ahead to next season and not a great start for Fulham as just been confirmed that they're losing Fabio Carvalho to Liverpool.

I thought that had been done in January?

Fulham are definitely going to need a lot of reinforcement in any case, especially in defence and central midfield.

The deal didn't happen in January and I think Fulham or Fulham fans got their hopes up that they would be able to keep him after promotion, but Liverpool have confirmed this morning that they're signing him when his contract expires next month.

• Like 1