Premier League relegation battle

useless

While it increasingly looks like it will be three of the bottom four, there’s not one side cut adrift yet. It could feasibly be any of the combinations.

While the exception that I’d be happy for Newcastle to be cut adrift, it would make things interesting if they were still all around on similar points by April.

At this stage my hunch is it’s between Watford and Burnley to survive.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

This week is going to be pretty important, if Watford win on Tuesday they will go five points clear of Newcastle, if they then beat Norwich on Friday they will go eight points clear, whereas on the other hand if Watford lose their next two then Norwich will climb out of the relegation zone.

Either of those scenarios is bad for Newcastle as they will either be eights adrift going into their away game against Leeds, or bottom of the table and four points adfrit of Norwich. Draws in the Burnley v Watford, and Norwich V Watford games would perhaps be the best results for them.

9 times tbey have gone ahead in games and 9 times they have lost that lead. That will always play on their minds. They have 2 weeks to pull some signings out of the bag that instantly improve them . That can handle the pace of the prem , gel with their new colleagues and bring the mental toughness to move up the table and end this inability to win.

I think its a massive ask. Half the reason Burnley are down there is because Chris Wood hasnt been firing. And Trippier has been doing well at a team with real quality. Now he is at a team without. 

I am predicting they will go down alongside Burnley and Watford. Because i love Dean and want him to survive 

On 16/01/2022 at 22:11, villalad21 said:

Burnley - Newcastle last game of the season. 

Could be interesting 

Andy Carroll to score the winner for Burnley while relegating Toon with his first goal for the club having signed in Jan and immediately picking up an injury which kept him out of the team till May. 😂

7 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

I want Everton to be relegated, not because I dislike them but because I hope it gives them the same kick up the behind we sorely needed.

They're a likeable club. One of the few imo. I hope they stay up and learn the easy way tbh.

On 18/01/2022 at 14:49, His Name Is Death said:

I want Everton to be relegated, not because I dislike them but because I hope it gives them the same kick up the behind we sorely needed.

Steve Gibson would explode if Everton bought this much debt onto the championship 

44 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So with lots of new signings for the bottom 6 teams, which 3 will now go down?

Everton, Burnley will have too many games and sadly Norwich but it will be close though if Watford sack Roy after 8 games then they are favourites again

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everton, Burnley will have too many games and sadly Norwich but it will be close though if Watford sack Roy after 8 games then they are favourites again

I’d be pretty shocked if Everton go down. If they beat Newcastle next game, they will be a decent gap between them and the relegation zone.

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d be pretty shocked if Everton go down. If they beat Newcastle next game, they will be a decent gap between them and the relegation zone.

They should but if they slump further they are in trouble. I dont see any grafters in that team if they hit a relegation fight