Premier League relegation battle

useless

45 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Norwich at home is huge for Leeds, they have to win that otherwise they'll probably drop I think given how bad they looked tonight.

Though if Norwich win against Leeds, which is possible seeing Leeds current form, then they’d only be 2 points behind Everton and 3 points behind Leeds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Though if Norwich win against Leeds, which is possible seeing Leeds current form, then they’d only be 2 points behind Everton and 3 points behind Leeds.

Incredible Norwich still have a chance. Even if they beat Leeds I still can't see them getting close to 30 points though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leeds will concede and concede. They’ve shipped 24 goals in 7 games. Norwich will score. Nor can Leeds score it seems. 

On current form they could concede nearly 90 goals by end of the season 

The season we got hammered by Chelsea 8-0 and had a terrible defence we only conceded 69 goals all season, Leeds are on 64 with 10 games left

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On current form they could concede nearly 90 goals by end of the season 

The season we got hammered by Chelsea 8-0 and had a terrible defence we only conceded 69 goals all season, Leeds are on 64 with 10 games left

They might get close to Derby’s record 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Norwich and Watford gone. Between Burnley, Everton, Leeds and Brentford for the other spot. Hodgson was a shocking choice for Watford. 

Not if Norwich can beat Leeds.  Then they are in with a good chance of overtaking Leeds by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Norwich and Watford gone. Between Burnley, Everton, Leeds and Brentford for the other spot. Hodgson was a shocking choice for Watford. 

I hope it's Burnley. The bottom 3 as it stands don't offer much in the PL. Burnley have been escaping relegation for years, their time is up. Everton made quite a few wrong decision over the last few years, but I don't want them relegated. Decent club and fans. Leeds and Brentford can stay, but wouldn't mind either way if they went down.

4 minutes ago, AXD said:

I hope it's Burnley. The bottom 3 as it stands don't offer much in the PL. Burnley have been escaping relegation for years, their time is up. Everton made quite a few wrong decision over the last few years, but I don't want them relegated. Decent club and fans. Leeds and Brentford can stay, but wouldn't mind either way if they went down.

Thats not really true about Burnley though, once since promotion they were within 6 points of relegation

last season they did finish 17th but were 11 point clear of safety

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Not if Norwich can beat Leeds.  Then they are in with a good chance of overtaking Leeds by the end of the season.

They might finish above Leeds if they do but cant see them finishing above Everton or Burnley.  All the teams at the bottom are in shocking form though!

Norwich are only 5 points off safety with plenty of games to go. 

They, along with Watford and Burnley have been in a relegation battle from week 1 so are acclimatised to what’s needed from each game.

The likes of Everton and Leeds had no thoughts of being anywhere near the bottom 3 so will their players may not be mentally prepared for the fight against the drop

FWIW, there’s still plenty of twists to go - remember pre lockdown we looked worse off with less games to play but survived. 

I reckon survival could be gained with around 29-31pts this season. 

Norwich need a win this weekend to have any chance of survival, the fact that it would drag Leeds even more into the mire would make it extra special. Come on Deano you can do it!

In the end though, I think Watford and Norwich look pretty doomed now, I think Burnley are the only team in the bottom three who may still escape. I hope I am wrong though, and we showed a few years ago that anything is possible when we turned around a seven point deficit in the last few games to survive. I think it would be good if Leeds, Watford and Everton drop for differing reasons.

• Like 1

I'd rather Everton or Leeds to go down rather than Burnley, not because I particularly like Burnley or because I dislike Everton, but just because in a situation like this I think it's always more interesting to see the bigger club relegated just to see how they cope with it, would also make the championship more interesting, that division has probably lost a little spark since we, Newcastle, Leeds with Bielsa, and Wolves with their Mendes players, have all been promoted.

It's looking very unlikely but I still wouldn't completely rule out one of Norwich or Watford surviving, all it takes is a couple of good results for either and suddenly they would look to be in with a chance again, if Norwich were to win this weekend for example they would only be three points behind Leeds.

Biggest game of the weekend in terms of the relegation battle is probably Brentford v Burnley, a Burnley win would really put the pressure on Everton and Leeds, even just a draw would put Everton in the bottom three, or a win for Brentford would make them almost safe.

• Like 2

pretty mental how we have scored a quarter of the 24 goals against leeds over last 7 games! 😅

Burnley will stay up, cornet and weghorst plus rodriguez are all capable of scoring enough goals in addition to their defenders from corners and aaron lennon/mcneil. They always manage to get a few draws and the odd win and will be fine. Everton have the quality and could throw el ghazi on to score goals, he helped keep us up and would probably do a better job than a lot of their players in this current situation. Watford Norwich and Leeds to relegate

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

pretty mental how we have scored a quarter of the 24 goals against leeds over last 7 games! 😅

It's a nice stat. More fun than the one that we've given Watford nearly a third of their points this season.

• Like 1