VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

Abe certainly wasn’t my cup of tea politically, but the news of his assassination certainly shocked me. He’s been almost ever-present as a world leader for my my entire politically aware life. 

50 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Abe certainly wasn’t my cup of tea politically, but the news of his assassination certainly shocked me. He’s been almost ever-present as a world leader for my my entire politically aware life. 

Shamefaced confession time: I've never heard of him. 

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I was aware via the business show early morning on BBC1, Abenomics mainly. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I was aware via the business show early morning on BBC1, Abenomics mainly. 

Ah. I've never watched a 'business' program in my life. 

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The longest-serving Prime Minister of the third largest world economy. Probably its single most consequential figure in recent times as well. (and a bit of a right-wing nutjob, but that's not unusual for Japanese leaders)

Like Zen I'm quite shocked myself, this is JFK-esque for me although the impact is slightly lessened by the fact that he is not the sitting PM.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

Lenny Von Dohlen who played Harold in the first two seasons of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me also passed away, was also in an epside of Red Dwarf.

Kneel, Voter.

😢

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The biggest superstar I've ever had the honour and privilege to have known, my dad. Died this morning suddenly 😥

That's awful mate - sorry to hear that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The biggest superstar I've ever had the honour and privilege to have known, my dad. Died this morning suddenly 😥

Oh no :(  Sorry to hear that mate. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

So sorry to hear that.  May your Dad rest in peace.  Your VT friends are thinking about you and your family during this difficult time.  We're here if you need anything. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Really sorry to hear that Stew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Awful :(  So sorry for your loss.