VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

On 06/08/2022 at 17:21, Seat68 said:

The carnival is over for Judith Durham. 

Without you knowing my family, this is literally the biggest celebrity death that could happen. My Dad absolutely adored Judith. I may be biased but I think the Seekers were the most under-rated band ever. They were a superband who didn't know they were a superband. We're raising a glass tonight 🥹

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Without you knowing my family, this is literally the biggest celebrity death that could happen. My Dad absolutely adored Judith. I may be biased but I think the Seekers were the most under-rated band ever. They were a superband who didn't know they were a superband. We're raising a glass tonight 🥹

You are so right, sir. Even at the height of their success in the 1960s they were deeply uncool to my generation, very much a 'mums and dads' band. But I thought they were great. 'Carnival' and 'Georgy Girl' in particular. 

• Thanks 1

When I was still living at home (up to 21) my Dad used to play The Seekers full blast to get me out of bed (usually around 830 am) despite whatever hours I’d been working…

Safe to say, as soon as I had the funds I bought a house and have never heard them again. 

Really cannot stand Train Whistle Blowing 🤬

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You are so right, sir. Even at the height of their success in the 1960s they were deeply uncool to my generation, very much a 'mums and dads' band. But I thought they were great. 'Carnival' and 'Georgy Girl' in particular. 

Our go to song is always this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1