VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

17 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

The biggest superstar I've ever had the honour and privilege to have known, my dad. Died this morning suddenly 😥

Absolutely awful - I'm sorry for your loss Stewie.. :(  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

The biggest superstar I've ever had the honour and privilege to have known, my dad. Died this morning suddenly 😥

17 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Thanks everyone. He had a shower when he got up this morning, came downstairs, had a few swigs of his tea and couldn't breath. My brother is the first aid officer at his work and got dad on the floor giving him CPR. I'll be honest, he was practically gone then. The ambulance got a faint pulse but with three lots of adrenalin to get his heart going it was done. It all feels so surreal. I don't feel anything at the moment. Just concentrating on looking after mum. They were childhood sweethearts. Together since they were 15 and he was 75 when he was taken.

It's just so unreal.

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry to hear this Stewie. Sounds like you were very close which is great to have. You'll busy yourself looking after others now.  Just don't forget to look after yourself too :(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Alan Grant the comic book writer has died. 

2000ad legend and had a surprisingly big contribution to the Batman mythos through the 80s and 90s.

On 13/07/2022 at 20:51, stewiek2 said:

Only just seen this mate and your subsequent posts.  So sorry for your loss. I lost my old man almost 20 years ago (he was 60) after a really short cancer battle and I've always thought at least I got the chance to say goodbye to him. On the other had though I have since thought it has to be better to go quickly with as little pain and suffering as possible so take solace in that if you can. It sounds like you were really close and I am sure your dad therefore knew you loved him so anything you may feel you wish you had the chance to say you had already said a thousand times and he felt and took with him all the love you and your family had for him. 

Hope you are coping okay. Take care. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Lots of us may not of known him but would have seen him at VP

HEITS RIP

I think I remember seeing him covered in badges when I was a kid in the mid 90s. I wonder how long he’d been collecting them.