VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

Wow, that has hit me for 6.

I've seen on these very pages various musicians of elder generations pass away but this is the first time one of mine has passed. I loved Depeche Mode and carried on buying their music essentially out of loyalty when I really couldn't enjoy the places they were taking it. 

As @bickster says it's an absolute miracle Dave Gahan is still alive. I wonder what's happened? 60 is no age.

See You Andy. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Wow, that has hit me for 6.

I've seen on these very pages various musicians of elder generations pass away but this is the first time one of mine has passed. I loved Depeche Mode and carried on buying their music essentially out of loyalty when I really couldn't enjoy the places they were taking it. 

As @bickster says it's an absolute miracle Dave Ghan is still alive. I wonder what's happened? 60 is no age.

See You Andy. 

Not sure. I do know that after the devotional tour he started to get seizures.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

My initial thought was Whatever,  but you've just got to Roll With It and Don't Look Back in Anger otherwise you'll just Slide Away. D' You Know What i Mean?

sorry everyone :(

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Goodfellas is obviously the one that stands out.

But Liotta was always good value whenever he turned up.

His role in Cop Land is one that springs to mind. Plus, even something lightweight like Heartbreakers, he’s really good fun in that.

Even just little things like a cameo on Modern Family were brilliant.  He was great at comedy.

Goodfellas is going to be in a lot of peoples top 10 films of all time but Liotta made some other really good films such as Narc, Field of Dreams, Copland, No Escape and Hanibal. I also remember seeing him in a TV film called The Rat Pack where he did a great job of playing Frank Sinatra. 

RIP Ray.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well f*** me sideways, I thought famous criminal Lester Piggott died years ago but apparently it only happened yesterday and he was 86

Another criminal the Queen patronised

Yeah, I assumed he was long dead, too. 

Must hold some sort of record for the longest sporting career ever - he was THE famous jockey when I was a toddler in the 1950s, and still racing in the 1990s. 

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Patricia Brake, aged 79.

Probably best known for playing Fletcher’s eldest daughter Ingrid in Porridge.

I was thinking about her nipples only the other day.

RIP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Canadian rock'n'roller Ronnie Hawkins, 87. Noteworthy for giving a head start to The Band. 

Just about to post this. And literally that video. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 09:39, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I assumed he was long dead, too. 

I can exclusively reveal that his funeral will be next Wednesday at 20/1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2