VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks dying in your eighties is ‘youngish’? I know life expectancy has dropped since the Tories destroyed our way of living but still, 87 seems too soon for me. I want to go on as long as possible. Highlander style if necessary. 

• Like 1

If you make 80 you've done well. Nobody in my immediate family broke 80 - parents both went early 60s, both sets of grandparents went at similar ages. The closest I can get is some great aunts that have cracked 80.

I'll be dead well before 80.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

If you make 80 you've done well. Nobody in my immediate family broke 80 - parents both went early 60s, both sets of grandparents went at similar ages. The closest I can get is some great aunts that have cracked 80.

I'll be dead well before 80.

My mother in law is 90, but just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.

The wife has moved her in to ours "for a few days"...

Another thread maybe...

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks dying in your eighties is ‘youngish’? I know life expectancy has dropped since the Tories destroyed our way of living but still, 87 seems too soon for me. I want to go on as long as possible. Highlander style if necessary. 

Well its also down to your quality of life. If you are still sprightly in your 80s then that's great. But if you have chronic, long term health issues whilst struggling to live a home that is probably now not suited to your needs, not so great. Its largely a question of wealth. The recent levelling up paper said on average people living in the most deprived communities have over 18 years less of their lives in good general health compared the least deprived areas.

• Like 1

I think getting into your 80's is a fantastic age and at 48 I'd bite your hand to live to 80. I am though influenced by the fact I lost my dad when he was 60 and mother in law when she was 55 and have had a number of family members and friends go way before they got anywhere near 80.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think getting into your 80's is a fantastic age and at 48 I'd bite your hand to live to 80. I am though influenced by the fact I lost my dad when he was 60 and mother in law when she was 55 and have had a number of family members and friends go way before they got anywhere near 80.

Don’t despair. My old man had a heart attack at 49. Packed in work, took early retirement on health grounds, took all the stress out of his life. Lived to 91. Modern living can take a toll. Took a hit to his finances, but lived a good long life. Still miss him.

• Like 3

OK. I'm 68.

My Dad died at 87 (Alzheimers+pneumonia), my Mom at 84 (cancer). 

I've had a generally healthier lifestyle than either of them, so I'd like to think I've got decent odds. But you never know. Unforseen events aside (accidents, war, etc.) I'm just hoping to avoid The Big Four that - even if not instantly fatal - can make old age a real misery: cancer, stroke, heart disease, dementia. 

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hehe. @mottaloo is obviously a youngster (or very oldster) if he's not familiar with Bambi and Scumbag College

Scumbag College Festive Knitted-Look T-Shirt - Black - M

Haha ! Nah, as a spritely 56 yr old i recall it well, good ol Griff R.J. 

Long live Toxteth O'Grady and his record breaking bogie 🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Haha ! Nah, as a spritely 56 yr old i recall it well, good ol Griff R.J. 

Long live Toxteth O'Grady and his record breaking bogie 🤣

Monk de Wally de Honk :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'll take 80 to be honest. I don't want to be old and decrepit and live until 90. 

To be honest, if i can retire in my early 50's and have a good 20 years retired, that'll do me. I'll throw myself in front of a train then. 

• Like 1

My nan died at 64 when I was 16 and I remember thinking she’d had a good innings, but now I realise how young she was. She hadn’t even retired yet.

I said this to my dad the other day and he said he thought she was old at the time too.

He was 45 then. :lol: