VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll take 80 to be honest. I don't want to be old and decrepit and live until 90. 

To be honest, if i can retire in my early 50's and have a good 20 years retired, that'll do me. I'll throw myself in front of a train then. 

You say that now. 

You may feel differently when you're 79!  :)

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm expecting to hit 90 based on family history, though I worry about dementia/Alzheimer's, as both my parents started deteriorating mentally by their mid to late 80's.

My mom and my grandad (on moms side) both diagnosed with dementia in their early 70s… my grandad lasted another 10yrs but most of them he didn’t recognise/remember much if anything 😥

I may only have around 25 years before it happens to me.

Its a clearing in the woods of an illness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

My mom and my grandad (on moms side) both diagnosed with dementia in their early 70s… my grandad lasted another 10yrs but most of them he didn’t recognise/remember much if anything 😥

I may only have around 25 years before it happens to me.

Its a clearing in the woods of an illness. 

Ain't that the truth 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Legendary 'nighclub boss' Eddie Fewtrell aged 90 

I remember being in Portugal in the late 80's and this lad who was staying at our apartments was wearing an Edwards No 7 t-shirt. 

When I was pissed I asked him why he was wearing an Edwards No 7 shirt because it was shit. He said he was given it by his mate from school whose dad owned the club.  I apologised profusely, said it was a great club and moved on quickly 😂😂

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

American conservative satirist PJ O'Rourke. The man had terrible politics really, but he was a rare conservative who was actually funny.

I found him to be distinctly unfunny on "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me", though I enjoyed some of the National Lampoon stuff he was involved with.   His greatest contribution was this comment when describing why he supported Hillary Clinton over Trump in 2016:

Like other longtime conservatives, O'Rourke's loyalties were tested by the rise of Donald Trump. O'Rourke had little use for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016, but he found he could live with her "lies and all her empty promises.”

“It’s the second worst thing that can happen to this country. But she’s way behind in second place. I mean, she’s wrong about absolutely everything, but she’s wrong within normal parameters," he said on NPR.

“I mean, this man (Trump) just can’t be president," he said. "They’ve got this button, you know, in the briefcase. He’s going to find it.”

• Like 1

Wow, I’ve been at work the last few days and honestly was shocked to find Ivan Reitman has passed. Only 75. Having just watched Ghostbusters Afterlife this has hit me a little bit. He seemed in good health, I’ll have to read about what happened as it seems a bit out of the blue. He created one of the most influential films of my early life. Very sad about this one. Rip.

Jean-Luc Brunel: Jeffrey Epstein-linked fashion agent found dead in cell

A French fashion agent linked to Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his prison cell on Friday night, the Paris prosecutor’s office said.

Jean-Luc Brunel, 76, was in detention awaiting a trial on charges of rape of a minor and sexual harassment.

He was suspected of being involved in a global paedophile ring organised by the late billionaire Epstein, who killed himself in prison while awaiting trial for sex crimes, in 2019.

US prosecutors accused Brunel of finding young girls for his longtime associate and financier.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/jean-luc-brunel-death-prison-epstein-b2018793.html

• Like 1

I can’t say I’m familiar with him, but Jamal Edwards has died aged 31.

Seems like he was a bit of music entrepreneur, among other things he was the founder of something called SBTV, which helped launch a few careers. Mostly grime stuff it seems. I’ve seen Ed Sheeran’s name mentioned too.

It also looks like he was doing some good work, founding a charity giving young people a chance to start their own business.