VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

Absolutely loved Meatloaf growing up and am glad I got to see him live a while back. Don't really care about most celebrity deaths but this one (like Terry Pratchett) has hit home. I want a hug. 

tumblr_mi9uejE6Md1r0pyo8o1_500.jpg

By all accounts he was a really nice bloke who was game for anything, so even if I wouldn't say I was a fan (in that I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to his work - I wouldn't actively avoid it either) I can appreciate he wasn't a hateful clearing in the woods high on his own farts.

• Like 1

Meatloaf has a bit of a strange reputation down in this part of the world. He performed at half time during the 2011 AFL grand final (think Australian Super Bowl kinda) and it was notoriously awful. The AFL CEO of the time called booking him ‘the single worst mistake of my career’ 

honestly it’s always given me a bit of a soft spot for him and I’m sad to hear of his passing 

Iconic French fashion designer Thierry Mugler, dead at 73 😢

probably not one a huuuuge amount of people on here will be aware of but a very influential designer, especially in the drag scene where he pretty much defined modern drag fashion. Has a lot of love in the trans community because he was using transwomen as models in his shows as earlier as the 1980’s which was a reeeeally big step.

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eidolon said:

Iconic French fashion designer Thierry Mugler, dead at 73 😢

probably not one a huuuuge amount of people on here will be aware of but a very influential designer, especially in the drag scene where he pretty much defined modern drag fashion. Has a lot of love in the trans community because he was using transwomen as models in his shows as earlier as the 1980’s which was a reeeeally big step.

I'm more than aware of the ridiculous ads for his wares at Christmas (along with all the other perfume-pretentious ads)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'm more than aware of the ridiculous ads for his wares at Christmas (along with all the other perfume-pretentious ads)

Fair 😅 perfume/aftershave ads are some of the absolute worst out there

• Like 1

Just now, Eidolon said:

Fair 😅 perfume/aftershave ads are some of the absolute worst out there

For you average make here in the UK we have heard of him but only for his name on a perfume bottle. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Made the mistake of reading Meat Loaf's Wikipedia page earlier. Love his songs but really disagree with a lot of his opinions. 

Well he died of COVID and was Anti-Vax so I guess his opinions caught up with him

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well he died of COVID and was Anti-Vax so I guess his opinions caught up with him

Wasn't aware he was until I read it. He even said he didn't care if he died from it. He was also a Trump supporting, climate change denier. Will try to separate his songs from his beliefs.