VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If I remember rightly, The Ronettes only put out one album and the non Christmas tracks aside, all of their well known songs are from that. 

Close, two albums. 1964 and 1965.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Close, two albums. 1964 and 1965.

According to Wikipedia

'Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica' is the only album by American girl group the Ronettes, released in November 1964 by Philles Records. Produced by Phil Spector, it collects the group's singles from 1964. 

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

According to Wikipedia

WIki is wrong, Rob is correct. The two albums have very similar titles... but totally different track lists (...Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica & The Ronettes (Featuring Veronica))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

thats what i meant about phil, he held her back for himself letting her record but never releasing anything and then as part of their divorce i think he got all the royalties too, there's a ton of ronettes and ronnie stuff supposedly sat unreleased somewhere 

im sure she ran away from their home bare foot and her mom had to help her escape him

Real Madrid legend Francisco Gento dead 88 y.o

6 European Cup titles, 12 league titles, two wins in the Spanish Cup and an intercontinental title.  600 matches in the Real shirt and 182 goals

French actor Gaspard Ulliel, 37, following a skiing accident.

Ulliel was in “Hannibal Rising” and “A Very Long Engagement”.

Edit - looks like he is part of the MCU as he was appearing in “Moon Knight”.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Shocked 1

I always understood that Hannibal Rising was a dreadful film, and as the bloke was also the face of Chanel perfume ads I assumed he was a terrible actor, but apparently he's actually pretty rated in his homeland. Next to be seen in Moon Knight posthumously, sadly.

Norwegian football managerial legend, Nils Arne Eggen, dead at 80. The mastermind behind the annoyingly succesful Rosenborg sides that won 13 straight league titles and beat Milan at San Siro among other Champions League miracles and upsets. 

I absolutely detest Rosenborg, but the man was clearly a genius (and, I believe a genuinely good person and humanitarian, although he had a touch of the Clough mean streak.) 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Norwegian football managerial legend, Nils Arne Eggen, dead at 80. The mastermind behind the annoyingly succesful Rosenborg sides that won 13 straight league titles and beat Milan at San Siro among other Champions League miracles and upsets. 

I absolutely detest Rosenborg, but the man was clearly a genius (and, I believe a genuinely good person and humanitarian, although he had a touch of the Clough mean streak.) 

Was he the one who wore white rubber boots on the touchline?

Just now, bickster said:

Was he the one who wore white rubber boots on the touchline?

Not quite white, but you’re probably thinking of these:

image.jpeg.5bd096b78cd1665dcc9fc0a8a1466fea.jpeg

They belonged to Egil Olsen, the other Norwegian managerial legend and Eggen’s contemporary. Took Norway to second on the FIFA ranking, also managed Wimbledon for a few months. He’s still alive and well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

Damn, I was reading his wiki a couple of days ago after trying to figure out Bodö/Glimt, the old wiki click rabbit hole

:(

On 05/01/2022 at 11:50, Phil Silvers said:

Amending this list please. New .....

Pope Benedict XVI

Prunella Scales.

Henry Kissinger

Dick Van Dyke

Mikhail Gorbachev

Just seen a Beeb article about this ******* and thought I'd got some points on the board.

Unfortunately he's still living peacefully within Vatican walls safe and sound unlike thousands of alter boys abused by these *******