Pre match thread

zab6359

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Seeing a few folk saying they're there already, especially unfortunate timing for them.

Not unfortunate. The club could have posted 2 hours ago the game is in severe doubt of going ahead. Those who like to get their early like I usually do to avoid traffic crowds and general aggro just hold fire for a bit.

It's horrific. Luckily I was 5 minutes from leaving as the Mrs as usual is arsing about.

A normal week I'd have set off an hour ago just to get avoid the aggro.

It's poor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give people a heads up the game might be in doubt?!

We all knew it was in doubt though. You can’t make the decision whether to go or not until you know whether it’s cancelled or not. (Assuming you were going anyway it it was on).

• Like 1

I guess they could not make the decision until they had the results. You cannot just abandon the match without the permission of the PL.

But the PL should have stopped all games a couple of days ago. It has been clear for a week at least that Omicron was going to run rampant throughout the country. It's all about money.

Feel sorry for fans of both teams who have already travelled and also lost money as a result.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not unfortunate. The club could have posted 2 hours ago the game is in severe doubt of going ahead. Those who like to get their early like I usually do to avoid traffic crowds and general aggro just hold fire for a bit.

It's horrific. Luckily I was 5 minutes from leaving as the Mrs as usual is arsing about.

It's poor.

The club can't just cancel the match, there are protocols that would've needed to be followed. It's a crap situation but not much the club could do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's poor.

Horrific!!  😂 

People have lost a couple of hours of their day.  Chill out. 

• Like 3

Burnley fans who are in Birmingham for the game must be really pissed off, that's not a cheap train ticket, it's the whole of their Saturday gone and a risk of getting Covid for nothing! Surely it could have been postponed last night or even at 9am today for example.

• Like 4

Disappointed with Gerrard today, I expected by the end of the day to have an extra 3 points but we’ll end the day with zero extra points.  #GerrardOut!

60132EB5-C786-4033-B311-8F06117DE05A.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Burnley fans who are in Birmingham for the game must be really pissed off, that's not a cheap train ticket, it's the whole of their Saturday gone and a risk of getting Covid for nothing! Surely it could have been postponed last night or even at 9am today for example.

If they’re Blues they can just have a drink, what’s the problem mate?

• Haha 1

just about to get in the car and wham.....I'm one of the ones, who have escaped lightly.

Oh Dear.....what next?

They have obviously tried hard to get the fixture played.....but covid being covid, no easy answers.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The club can't just cancel the match, there are protocols that would've needed to be followed. It's a crap situation but not much the club could do. 

Yeah, I blame the PL for putting clubs in ludicrous positions like this. It was obvious a couple of days back that this entire weekend's fixtures should be cancelled. And now look what's happened.

• Like 1