Pre match thread

zab6359

Football as we know it is gone.

Actually, everything is upside down and based on the past two years, I can't see what we know as normal will be making a comeback.

Glad to have had 58 years of normal, it's the young ones I feel sorry for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s a foregone conclusion that Boxing Day games will be cancelled surely.

I dunno, it's a huge call, no fans in the stadiums maybe probably should be but cancel all the games? The PL would be under huge pressure not to do it, its a massive market, boxing day is a football day for so many

And the only one out of the top 5 leagues giving the PL a free hit 

Just now, AvonVillain said:

It was the last elected PM that pretended to be a Villa fan, not the current one.

True, if I remember correctly, didn’t he mix us up with West Ham as well…we aren’t lucky with leaders are we.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, it's a huge call, no fans in the stadiums maybe probably should be but cancel all the games? The PL would be under huge pressure not to do it, its a massive market, boxing day is a football day for so many

And the only one out of the top 5 leagues giving the PL a free hit 

But it’s the players that are getting Covid this time, not just the fans.  With many players in isolation period now we are only 8 days from Boxing Day so I don’t think matters with fans or behind closed doors, it looks like Boxing Day games will be off.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Probably for the best, from a Villa point of view. If the virus is spreading at BMH, we probably wouldn’t be in great shape fitness wise anyway.

That said, my own covid isolation just got even bleaker. F*** this s***.

New tiger king is out. Let's party like it's 2020!

Just now, nick76 said:

But it’s the players that are getting Covid this time, not just the fans.  With many players in isolation period now we are only 8 days from Boxing Day so I don’t think matters with fans or behind closed doors, it looks like Boxing Day games will be off.

I agree 

But at the same time think absolutely everything says cancel the games... Apart from the money... So what do you expect the PL to do? 

Just now, villa4europe said:

I agree 

But at the same time think absolutely everything says cancel the games... Apart from the money... So what do you expect the PL to do? 

I think Boris announcement likely next week, that decision will be taken away from the PL anyway for fans.  Behind closed door games, I’m not sure, but club after club is becoming impacted so the PL don’t have a choice, they can’t play games with players that have Covid.  Becomes a farce if they tell clubs they have to play whatever. 

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

The Premier League has said we don't have enough players to field a team... what the?! So with self-isolation being ten days I guess our next game to go ahead should be away to Brentford on 2nd Jan?

Unless they have special rules for footballers which would surprise me, then yes, the 2nd of Jan might be the earliest

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This will keep happening until the League pulls their finger out and mandates vaccinations for players.

Not sure you've been keeping up on the news, mate, but being vaccinated doesn't stop people contracting or spreading Coconut-19. So what would be the point in such a move as this?

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not sure you've been keeping up on the news, mate, but being vaccinated doesn't stop people contracting or spreading Coconut-19. So what would be the point in such a move as this?

Ach it's bounty have an effect *

*Works better if you imagine mcginn saying it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This will keep happening until the League pulls their finger out and mandates vaccinations for players.

How do you know affected players haven't been vaccinated?