Pre match thread

zab6359

28 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Whatever protocols are in place, if they involve information being received / assessed 2 hours before kick off they are the wrong protocols.

Yeah, this is the key here. 

I suspect the club have probably been pleading their case for a couple of hours. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well we will be in that in the next 72 hours so may as well.  Already stuff being leaked that it’s happening.

Doubt it will happen before Xmas

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah, this is the key here. 

I suspect the club have probably been pleading their case for a couple of hours. 

Clubs

Something else we'll never know but if we had some first team players out burnley might have argued that this goes ahead

Well, ****.

That's a real shame and obviously worrying that it's continued to spread through the squad, hopefully symptoms are mild and no lasting effects for any of our players.

Selfishly speaking, was really looking forward to sitting down to watch this today, and it's made a real balls of my carefully mitigated FPL team for this week. 😒

50 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not unfortunate. The club could have posted 2 hours ago the game is in severe doubt of going ahead. Those who like to get their early like I usually do to avoid traffic crowds and general aggro just hold fire for a bit.

It's horrific. Luckily I was 5 minutes from leaving as the Mrs as usual is arsing about.

A normal week I'd have set off an hour ago just to get avoid the aggro.

It's poor.

I mean if you're calling yourself lucky for not being one of those people I would say that it's fair to describe them as being unfortunate that they had already left for/were at the ground.

Probably for the best, from a Villa point of view. If the virus is spreading at BMH, we probably wouldn’t be in great shape fitness wise anyway.

That said, my own covid isolation just got even bleaker. F*** this s***.

Edited by El Zen

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well clearly not. 

Then, why not? I bet there's stricter regulations for shopworkers at Lidl. Multi-million pound sport watched around the world. This could, and should have been called by 09:00AM at the latest. Think of those Burnley fans making that 250 mile round trip. Appalling.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Then, why not? I bet there's stricter regulations for shopworkers at Lidl. Multi-million pound sport watched around the world. This could, and should have been called by 09:00AM at the latest. Think of those Burnley fans making that 250 mile round trip. Appalling.

People are taking like the club got a load of positive tests and sat around for a few hours twiddling their thumbs waiting for everyone to leave home before taking action.  I'm sure if they could have done anything quicker/sooner they would have. 

And as per my post above the PL specifically said in their statement they had data from Villa this morning. They've taken at least a hour but probably more before cancelling. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Just now, sidcow said:

People are taking like the club got a load of positive tests and sat around for a few hours twiddling their thumbs waiting for everyone to leave home before taking action.  I'm sure if they cod have done anything quicker/sooner they would have. 

And as per my quote above the PL specifically said in their statement they had data from Villa this morning. They've taken at least a hour but probably more before cancelling. 

I'm not blaming Villa. What on earth are the PL protocols being made up as we go along here? It's totally farcical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The premier league should have called a circuit breaker for 10-14 days maybe a week ago. They’ve let it get out of hand now 

Called off games over the Xmas period? When the majority of European leagues have no games? 

I can imagine the PL are fighting like mad to keep the boxing day games on 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The premier league should have called a circuit breaker for 10-14 days maybe a week ago. They’ve let it get out of hand now 

It's hard to see how Boxing Day games can go ahead now. 

Even if we have no more infections which is unlikely presumably all those tested positive today will still be in isolation. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Called off games over the Xmas period? When the majority of European leagues have no games? 

I can imagine the PL are fighting like mad to keep the boxing day games on 

I think it’s a foregone conclusion that Boxing Day games will be cancelled surely.