Pre match thread

zab6359

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Unless they have special rules for footballers which wouldn't surprise me, then yes, the 2nd of Jan might be the earliest

Fixed that for you. 

• Like 1

On the 26th and 28th I hope we won't end up being forced to field an entire youth team like against Liverpool in the FA Cup, that wasn't fair, it was an inevitable defeat (and early exit from that season's competition), boo.  : <

12 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not sure you've been keeping up on the news, mate, but being vaccinated doesn't stop people contracting or spreading Coconut-19. So what would be the point in such a move as this?

OK, being vaccinated doesn't "stop" people contracting or spreading covid, true, but it does reduce the number of people contracting or spreading it, which is valuable.

As Sheepy just said "it lessens the risk" of people contracting or spreading it.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Called off games over the Xmas period? When the majority of European leagues have no games? 

I can imagine the PL are fighting like mad to keep the boxing day games on 

Yes, the Covid outbreaks have been happening for a few weeks now. Better to call a break for 10 days and stop the spread throughout clubs. The boxing games likely won’t go ahead now anyway given the amount of positives 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robby b said:

OK, being vaccinated doesn't "stop" people contracting or spreading covid, true, but it does reduce the number of people contracting or spreading it, which is valuable.

I'll leave this to another thread, before a (fair) warning comes about. But are you absolutely sure this is what the data is telling us?

36 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

EFDC6B80-2C7F-4947-A598-5195E61C3573.jpeg

Not entirely sure what point you're making here, but...

"Aston Villa fans top list of hate crimes reports for 2019-20 season"

(link: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12140754/aston-villa-fans-top-list-of-hate-crimes-reports-for-2019-20-season)

...all fanbases have their idiots.  Stones in glasshouses etc.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Of what?

It doesn't STOP but it DOES  lessen the risk of contracting and spreading the virus. 

That is proven though I'll probably get pelters for suggesting such a thing. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s a foregone conclusion that Boxing Day games will be cancelled surely.

That’s the only logical conclusion to come to. Then again you’re not a PL administrator with one eye on the money and the other eye on the money. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It doesn't STOP but it DOES  lessen the risk of contracting and spreading the virus. 

That is proven though I'll probably get pelters for suggesting such a thing. 

Some people are just plain ignorant.  Countless data shows there is less risk with vaccinations. That's catching it and spreading it. The only people who deserve pelters are the idiots in denial. I guarantee they think the Illuminati rule the World. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well... in one sense, it will give us more time to get more players closer to full fitness and injured players back?

Except Sanson of course, who will probably contract some sort of rare, Anus eating Amoeba.

Yes, this is a positive from all this hoo-ha... maybe Bailey and maybe even the lesser spotted Traore will be nearly recovered from injury again by the time we next play?! That would be a real bonus to have two of our best wingers back again.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

Disappointing but understandable I guess, I'd set off and was on the way, we had to turn back and go to the chip shop instead.

The lateness of the cancellation is probably down to meeting conditions that trigger the insurance coming into effect, while each game is subject to being evaluated individually, clubs and the league will need to prove to insurers that those things were in place before being able to trigger payments. If the league now sensibly goes to cancelling the whole programme of games for next weekend then that won't be a problem.

Lots of people will have travelled long distances today and you have to feel for them, but I guess it's understandable and was always a risk. Timing sucks.

I can report that town is jam packed full of Villa on the all dayer. (mate).