Pre match thread

zab6359

I've cancelled going this morning.. was in for an afternoon in hospitality too 😔 Im just worried that Xmas will be wiped out if I catch it. I know many others who are doing the same also...I'm surprised it's not been called off tbh!

I really cant see Boxing day being on the way things are going. 

Cometh the hour cometh the Chukwuemeka. If it goes ahead and he's one of the tens with Buendia I can see us giving Burnley the run around. They will obvs try and shithouse and kick us off the park so we need a decent ref.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

I've cancelled going this morning.. was in for an afternoon in hospitality too 😔 Im just worried that Xmas will be wiped out if I catch it. I know many others who are doing the same also...I'm surprised it's not been called off tbh!

I really cant see Boxing day being on the way things are going. 

Yeah if they play it they shoudl have done so with no crowd

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's your personal choice.

We're getting locked down after Christmas. Me and the Mrs are going. We both work from home. We have no kids and we won't be visiting friends or family until New year

Yeah agreed mate, I want to go personally but because I have the missus and kids plus the fact we are having parents round for Xmas just makes the decision for me. 

2-0 Villa win today for me 

Edited by leighavfc

41 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Cometh the hour cometh the Chukwuemeka. If it goes ahead and he's one of the tens with Buendia I can see us giving Burnley the run around. They will obvs try and shithouse and kick us off the park so we need a decent ref.

That's my deep lying worry.

what happened to Wes was scandalous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I've decided not to go today. Lockdowns all over Europe and probably on here coming in the next few days.

Only politics that this hasn't been called off already imo.

I’m still undecided.  I missed the last game because I had flu.  I tested negative for Covid but was sick as a dog.  I’m fine now so I’m looking forward to going but with Xmas next week and family stuff, I feel I might be selfish going today if I go. I have 90 minutes to decide before I have to leave the house.

Absolutely thrilled this hasn't been called off. If all the players are fit and firing + coaches/staff, and all the people turning up are feeling well and carrying proof of such, what's the problem??

Edited by AvonVillain
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m still undecided.  I missed the last game because I had flu.  I tested negative for Covid but was sick as a dog.  I’m fine now so I’m looking forward to going but with Xmas next week and family stuff, I feel I might be selfish going today if I go. I have 90 minutes to decide before I have to leave the house.

It's a tough one. I've decided not to go - but my son who lives with us - is still going to the pub ! So how much risk reduction am I getting !!!!

I think the lockdown would be here already if Boris weren't having so much trouble with his backbenchers !

IMO we are at March 2020 levels of transmission - but being have become accustomed to the presence of covid.

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Absolutely thrilled this hasn't been called off. If all the players are fit and firing + coaches/staff, and all the people turning up are feeling well and carrying proof of such, what's the problem??

Double Jabbed offers very little protection - I can't believe that's the benchmark tbh.

Stay safe and enjoy the game!

My pal is still going with the family, wife and 3 kids. He just said you need to be careful, masks and hand gel should be fine, all tested negative before on flow test, he's ready. He works on huge building sites where half aren't even vaccinated and workers don't wear masks, so it's not scaring him.

Boxing day may be behind closed doors at the worst, they ain't calling games off for the sake of it, too much ££££ involved over Christmas.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My pal is still going with the family, wife and 3 kids. He just said you need to be careful, masks and hand gel should be fine, all tested negative before on flow test, he's ready. He works on huge building sites where half aren't even vaccinated and workers don't wear masks, so it's not scaring him.

Boxing day may be behind closed doors at the worst, they ain't calling games off for the sake of it, too much ££££ involved over Christmas.

This why I’m thinking of going.  My brother is the same as your pal in that he works as a manager on building sites and goes from job to job daily so is exposed (he’s double jabbed and booster). My nephews both got Covid a month ago from their school and still mixing with kids daily.  They aren’t football fans so aren’t going today but they will be in the family Xmas festivities so me going to the Villa today I’m not feeling so bad about…but I obvious do feel bad.