Pre match thread

zab6359

On 17/12/2021 at 11:57, fightoffyour said:

At least if it does go ahead and you don't attend, you can arrange for that hot date with @kevpants' aunt and her ripe, swinging testicles instead.

Just spoke to her. She’s very relieved. It was a close call. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I was going to buy a ticket for this match as it went on general sale and I live in South London so would have had to leave early to get there.

Thankfully I didn't or I would have been halfway there with it being cancelled.

is that is whats meant by....." Meeting yourself coming back"😀

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If they took them before training yesterday then its 24 hours for a result minimum which is what they have got back this morning. 

Thats what the prem has put in place. The right protocols to protect the fans and players . But it doesnt help the fans and footballers travelling . 

What I'm surprised at is that PL clubs don't have on site facilities to carry out tests and get them turned around within minutes/hours.

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

At least I can listen to my 2nd and local team Aldershot Town in the FA Trophy on BBC Radio Surrey this afternoon.

is it covid resistant, there?

36 minutes ago, jim said:

Bit poor leaving g it so late, guess they were waiting for confirmation from the PL?

Yes, I would imagine you get the results then have to go through some sort of communication and protocol with the PL. 

People seem to imagine that tye club get the results then a microsecond later blanket social media cancelling the match. 

I am lucky, I was about to walk out the door when my mate who had just arrived at The Holte Suite told our WhatsApp group. 

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Feel sorry for any Burnley fans who have made the trip - that's too close to kick off for my liking.

It's a shit for sure. 

However we've had much later cancellations in the past for Weather.  There is usually a pitch inspection an hour before kick off. It's not unprecedented. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, I would imagine you get the results then have to go through some sort of communication and protocol with the PL. 

People seem to imagine that tye club get the results then a microsecond later blanket social media cancelling the match. 

I am lucky, I was about to walk out the door when my mate who had just arrived at The Holte Suite told our WhatsApp group. 

Thank god for modern things, like the Holte Suite😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's a shit for sure. 

However we've had much later cancellations in the past for Weather.  There is usually a pitch inspection an hour before kick off. It's not unprecedented. 

But this isn't for weather.  You're telling me we have all these testing facilities in place and they can't find our about positive covid cases by 9am on the morning of a game?  It's a farce tbh.

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

But this isn't for weather.  You're telling me we have all these testing facilities in place and they can't find our about positive covid cases by 9am on the morning of a game?  It's a farce tbh.

Well clearly not. 

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If they took them before training yesterday then its 24 hours for a result minimum which is what they have got back this morning. 

Thats what the prem has put in place. The right protocols to protect the fans and players . But it doesnt help the fans and footballers travelling . 

You could say that they should have used a test from thursday so that we knew by friday morning if it was on or off . BUT that doesnt take into account any players who then show as catching it in the following 24 hours and could end up playing with it and maybe being really poorly on the pitch. 

Impossible position for the club . 

Yeah I agree

For all we know the club informed the PL that they had some additional cases when the results came back this morning, the PL then had a meeting with those are their biggest concerns, the TV channels and the sponsors, and then called the game off at 1pm 

Villa had effectively done their job as they should have done, they can't announce anything until the PL make it official, if they used Thursday tests who's to say the PL didn't say wait for Friday tests... The PL is the power holder not villa 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes maybe we can

But that doesn't mean the PL won't hold various meetings and not make a decision on it until 1pm

Its not villas decision to make

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

is it covid resistant, there?

Seemingly not, I looked at trains from Birmingham NEC to Aldershot to see if I can get there last minute but I can't. So I'm listening to BBC Radio Surrey.

Looking purely at the footballing side playing them when both Wood and Cornet was doubtful would have been nice. Then again we had some good players missing too.

As others have said hope everyone is OK.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I wonder why so many footballers are coming down with covid? 

BBC

clearings in the woods. If I was their employer I'd he insisting on vaccination as a condition of employment. They are effectively rendering themselves unfit for work, and potentially damaging the progress of the club. 

Possibly.

But it could very well be that the players testing positive are the ones vaccinated.

We don't have that data, so we just don't know.