Pre match thread

zab6359

1 minute ago, chappy said:

I’ve not put mine up for sale because I don’t want to miss the rearranged game if it gets called off. Feel like I should put it up though as it’s a waste of a seat otherwise.

Never mind, missed the deadline now 

12 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I am praying this doesn't get called off but wouldn't be surprised if it does 

I would be surprised if this gets called off now. Though with 93,000 cases today - I don't think boxing day will go ahead.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Any indication on when we get today's PCR test results back? 

Pretty sure we would have had them by now. The Watford game was called off around 5 - 5.30 - so presumably that's when the results come back 

3 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of rotation here.  Nothing drastic though; Ings and Chuk to start over Young and Watkins maybe.  Wouldn't even mind Axel playing in CB for one of Konsa or Mings to give them a rest but that is very unlikely. 

Would agree only Axel would get crunched by this bunch. Don’t swap out The CB’s but if you do bring in Hause who could give a little back to Ben Mee when defending or attacking set pieces.

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Imagine we'll go

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Luiz Ramsey

Buendia    Watkins.   Chuk

Wouldn't surprise me to see Aaron Ramsey, JPB or Iroegbunam to get minutes. 

Interesting to see Aaron Ramsey at Winter Wonderland tonight in London (His IG), Must mean he's still injured or he's breaking protocol. 

I think he's been training with the first team this week, so either that's an old video/picture on his instagram, or he's fit enough to train but not yet fit enough to play so has been allowed the weekend off.

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Interesting to see Aaron Ramsey at Winter Wonderland tonight in London (His IG), Must mean he's still injured or he's breaking protocol. 

Ah must still be injured. U23s were due to play tonight and he wasn't in that squad so I assume he's injured and making neither squad then

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he's been training with the first team this week, so either that's an old video/picture on his instagram, or he's fit enough to train but not yet fit enough to play so has been allowed the weekend off.

Both he and his girlfriend posted videos to their story of them at WW today. Must've been given weekend off.

Bogarde been in first team training though.

• Thanks 1

BBC must be gutteted they'll have to give Villa v Burnley more than 5 minutes on MOTD. 

Still at least they can dedicate a good hour or so to how brilliant and brave Bielsa was in his 4 nil defeat to the mighty Arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

Burnleys last 3 away results...

Draw against Chelsea

Draw against Wolves

Draw against West Ham

This is going to be a tricky game!

So you're saying they're overdue a defeat then?