Pre match thread

zab6359

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

The Boris effect - pubs are open, but be careful.

The game is scheduled, but might not happen.

It's not the wisest logistical move (even if it's the right move) considering tens of thousands people involved.

So are you suggesting Lockdown, and the economical fallout from that.

no easy answers, mate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Whatever protocols are in place, if they involve information being received / assessed 2 hours before kick off they are the wrong protocols.

It's not easy for anyone at the club.

Let's say they took tests literally 5mins before getting on the pitch and they turned out positive, is it right to call the game off? Probably.

It's a shitty situation for everyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the club here with the 2 hour thing, it's the PL who called the game off... 

We'll never know when the tests were done or the info passed on 

If it was the PL that called it off I reckon it will be more likely to do with crowd concerns. Loads of people saying they've been to works dos where everyone has ended up infected with omicron. Imagine that but with 45k at VP. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

no easy answers, mate.

I'd never suggest a lockdown, but that's my opinion.

In current circumstance, I'd probably advise additional testing for everyone.

All I'm saying is that it's not an easy time to make any decision, and much harder to make the right ones (if these even exist).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well we will be in that in the next 72 hours so may as well.  Already stuff being leaked that it’s happening.

• Sad 1

I was going to buy a ticket for this match as it went on general sale and I live in South London so would have had to leave early to get there.

Thankfully I didn't or I would have been halfway there with it being cancelled.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I'd never suggest a lockdown, but that's my opinion.

In current circumstance, I'd probably advise additional testing for everyone.

All I'm saying is that it's not an easy time to make any decision, and much harder to make the right ones (if these even exist).

Totally agree.

If they took them before training yesterday then its 24 hours for a result minimum which is what they have got back this morning. 

Thats what the prem has put in place. The right protocols to protect the fans and players . But it doesnt help the fans and footballers travelling . 

You could say that they should have used a test from thursday so that we knew by friday morning if it was on or off . BUT that doesnt take into account any players who then show as catching it in the following 24 hours and could end up playing with it and maybe being really poorly on the pitch. 

Impossible position for the club . 

• Like 1