Pre match thread

zab6359

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Possibly.

But it could very well be that the players testing positive are the ones vaccinated.

We don't have that data, so we just don't know.

That would be very much against the trend in the country, where the large majority of people getting it are not vaccinated.

2 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Whatever protocols are in place, if they involve information being received / assessed 2 hours before kick off they are the wrong protocols.

Proves how many F****s the premier League give about the fans.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

People are taking like the club got a load of positive tests and sat around for a few hours twiddling their thumbs waiting for everyone to leave home before taking action.  I'm sure if they could have done anything quicker/sooner they would have. 

And as per my post above the PL specifically said in their statement they had data from Villa this morning. They've taken at least a hour but probably more before cancelling. 

That's 2 posts now from you, Sid, proving it is not the fault of the club. You realise a number of posters really enjoy blaming the club at every opportunity and you are really spoiling their day.

• Haha 3

Pathetic. I am glad I didn't go and sold my seat. I would have been on my way to Villa Park when the news broke today. Are they going to refund fans travel expenses on this? And Burnley fans twice within a week a game called off hours before kick off.  Not good enough. They should have suspended the whole round of fixtures on Friday, having a meeting on Monday was clearly too late. A utter shambles.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Would have been a idea to bubble the players in December to keep the games going. 

Most of us tend to follow the rules, most players don't give a F**** about the rules, that's why there are so many Prem players with Covid.

I know they are very well paid, (understatement of the year), but to keep them away from their families at Christmas is a bit much to reasonably ask. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That would be very much against the trend in the country, where the large majority of people getting it are not vaccinated.

I'm not disputing that.

But considering, and I'm paraphrasing, "villa are not able to field a team" and considering 75% of footballers are double jabbed/boostered, it would suggest at least some of them that have COVID have been jabbed. 

Unless Villa is an anomaly where there is a large variation from that 75%.

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I know they are very well paid, (understatement of the year), but to keep them away from their families at Christmas is a bit much to reasonably ask. 

Did we not have to do this last Christmas. If it was expected and I was on 100k a week, I think I could manage 30 days without contact. I mean these people have everything done for them anyways.

It's only ignoring the rules they have probably caught it.

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Would have been a idea to bubble the players in December to keep the games going. 

Most of us tend to follow the rules, most players don't give a F**** about the rules, that's why there are so many Prem players with Covid.

That's what I was going to say.

Anyone know if team stayed at hotel overnight or just drove into Bodymoor this morning to take the tests?

Given what Gerrard said yesterday lunchtime we would've been fine to play the game if it had been on Friday night.

Bit disappointing if it was something as innocent as players spending the night with the families, catching it off one of their kids and testing positive first thing this morning.

I wouldn't say it's massive hardship to start spending the night before home games in a hotel and perhaps keep players in separate rooms and do team meeting over zoom or something.

Going to have to be some form of bubbles introduced again if we're going to see any football in next three weeks. Given how inept premier league and FA are I don't think we'll play again until the Monday night in Fa cup.

• Like 1