Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/12/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well yeah, obviously. 

Would still expect us to give them more to worry about. 

That game was played in our half all game. Infuriating to watch. 

Honest I just think that's more to do with them than it is us

Whether or not we'd have made those same subs at the same time and done exactly the same if it was 0-0 would be the interest but we'll never know 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Honest I just think that's more to do with them than it is us

Whether or not we'd have made those same subs at the same time and done exactly the same if it was 0-0 would be the interest but we'll never know 

Funny how people have changed their tune. 

I remember people on this site writing Liverpool off from being title contenders. Even some suggesting they would stuggle to make top 4. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Funny how people have changed their tune. 

I remember people on this site writing Liverpool off from being title contenders. Even some suggesting they would stuggle to make top 4. 

Didnt think they'd win the league 

Doesn't mean they aren't better than us 

Many people here are grasping at straws. We defended very well but even a point wasnt realistic. They were and are, unsurprisingly, a much better team. Our shout for a penalty was very weak and the Ref had imo a good game. I never like to lose but people have to get a sense of perspective, we are miles behind Liverpool atm and there is no shame in 1-0 at Anfield.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Many people here are grasping at straws. We defended very well but even a point wasnt realistic. They were and are, unsurprisingly, a much better team. Our shout for a penalty was very weak and the Ref had imo a good game. I never like to lose but people have to get a sense of perspective, we are miles behind Liverpool atm and there is no shame in 1-0 at Anfield.

Them being a better team doesn't mean we just have to accept that and sit back for 90 minutes. I just can't subscribe to that. 

We were far, far more positive against city. 

Edited by villalad21

Off the ball we're better 1000%, much more expensive squads than ours will get taken to pieces at Anfield this season. We could really have come away with a point after some heroics second half.

Loads of positives under pressure, once Salah puts his leg across Mings then contact is inevitable as Salah has pretty much made contact himself, what follows is Mings falling into Salah. He wasn't playing the player and not the ball, he was falling over as a result of Salah's left leg. We'd probably want a penalty for it when you watch the contact from Mings that follows but still, Salah has looked for and won that. Worst you coudl say about Mings is he was naive there, but I think even that is harsh, I don't think he can avoid the contact TBH.

Alisson's was a foul and we should have had a penalty. Not sure 1-1 would have been a fair reflection of the game but given just how **** great we were off the ball we might have been worth the point.

Tough run of games these last three, we're going to get better and better. 

17 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Well I think it was a case of "if the ref gives salah's soft pen then surely ours was as worthy ?"

Then I remembered where the game was being played 

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I know we are all entitled to our opinion, but 3 people voted a very poor manager performance, what in the name of god!!!!

I went poor which I know is harsh but we were not brave enough on the ball until we were behind. There were stages in the first half where we resorted to pure hoofball again and it just invited wave after wave of pressure. 

I'm glad he recognises we need to be better on the ball rather than just focusing on praising how resolute we were off it.

• Like 2

Same old same old, scummy 6 team not winning last 1/4 of the game out come the dodgy decisions. 

Of course the fact that Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and now watching live Man U at Norwich all get the same helping hand and all get dodgy penalties could never be corruption now could it 🙄

• Like 4

Â